News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Twilight The Movie

Started by Siege, July 28, 2009, 12:25:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Drakken on July 28, 2009, 10:57:54 AMBritain Has Talent had Susan Boyle...  :blush:
But it also has that one judge who is HOTT as fuck as a distraction.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

While I could see pitying Catherine of Aragon, she wasn't particularly powerful (she just had a lot of conviction).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

I've tried to explain that to her (though I think my words were more like "she was basically a pawn on a chessboard") but it didn't go over too well. :ph34r:

Berkut

Twilight is on the Netflix list. I will suggest that the week I am at WBC would be an excellent time for it to arrive.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on July 28, 2009, 11:00:32 AM
Boadiccea

:lol:

The biggest thing that drives me nuts is the bizarre perception that women were property in the Middle-Ages and had no access to power...of course almost everybody was legally property, bound to the land and all that, and the Middle Ages had more women with overall political power than any other time in western history.  Further in any society where the family are all important women had alot of power, simply because they were a part of said family that controlled everything.

Naturally anything I do to point these things out gets vigoriously argued with.

Oh and Christianity was anti-woman and ruined all the great stuff they had under paganism because you know, those Greeks and Romans were all about empowering the women.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Viking

Quote from: Caliga on July 28, 2009, 11:07:56 AM
I've tried to explain that to her (though I think my words were more like "she was basically a pawn on a chessboard") but it didn't go over too well. :ph34r:

If she was worth killing she must have been important? If her nephew hadn't been Holy Roman Emperor and holding the Pope hostage when she reached menopause without providing a male heir then she would have "gotten herself to a nunnery" while Henry trawled around for more tottey.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Valmy

Quote from: Viking on July 28, 2009, 11:13:12 AM
If she was worth killing she must have been important?

Um...didn't she die a natural death?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

@ Viking
You're talking about attributes of hers that she had no control over.

I can understand for example why one might admire Hillary Clinton, and in fact I myself have a rather high opinion of her and am sorry she lost the nomination to Obama.  Hillary, you know, actually managed to do some shit on her own.

Admiring Catherine of Aragon is to me the same thing as admiring a supermodel because she was born amazingly beautiful.

Viking

Quote from: Valmy on July 28, 2009, 11:15:29 AM
Quote from: Viking on July 28, 2009, 11:13:12 AM
If she was worth killing she must have been important?

Um...didn't she die a natural death?

Yes, you are correct, I'm getting my Tudor wives mixed up.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Caliga

divorced, beheaded, died
divorced, beheaded, survived  :)

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Viking

Quote from: Caliga on July 28, 2009, 11:17:17 AM
@ Viking
You're talking about attributes of hers that she had no control over.

I can understand for example why one might admire Hillary Clinton, and in fact I myself have a rather high opinion of her and am sorry she lost the nomination to Obama.  Hillary, you know, actually managed to do some shit on her own.

Admiring Catherine of Aragon is to me the same thing as admiring a supermodel because she was born amazingly beautiful.

I was agreeing with you.

Caliga

Viking

MadImmortalMan

That guy is like 400 years old or some shit.

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers