News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Twilight The Movie

Started by Siege, July 28, 2009, 12:25:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strix

Quote from: Caliga on July 28, 2009, 10:32:39 AM
Also I'm confused as to why chicks think that dude is so hot.  He looks completely ordinary to me.

It is just that Hollywood decides someone is going to be promoted as 'hot' and the masses just think what they're told to think?  :huh:

Apparently you missed the whole "payola" scandal in the radio industry. It's all about mass marketing and very little about actual beauty.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

CountDeMoney

Also I'm confused as to why chicks think that dude is so hot.  He looks completely ordinary to me.

It's not what he looks like, it's who he is.  Dangerous and different, yet still non-threatening.  The best of both Tweener fantasy worlds.

Neil

Quote from: Drakken on July 28, 2009, 10:29:01 AM
And Bella, what is her problem? Yeah, she is supposed to be a teenage girl, but she was annoying beyond belief.
I don't know if you've actually seen any teenage girls lately, but they're all annoying beyond belief.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Drakken on July 28, 2009, 10:29:01 AM
I almost went to the bathroom to puke, but sadly I was forcibly made to watch that movie by the female pack around me. I'd rather play "Plumbers wear no ties" on 3D0 while eating my snorted boogers than watch this again.  <_<

My first thought was that I was witnessing a festival of non-communication. Characters were talking to each other, yeah, but there were nothing communicated. In fact, I felt like it was a haphazard smorsgasbord of nothing. And it bothered me beyond belief.

And Bella, what is her problem? Yeah, she is supposed to be a teenage girl, but she was annoying beyond belief. And the guy is a vampire? What about... RUN LIKE HELL?!

A truly horrendous film. The clock was more interesting.

Actually I thought the movie (and I guess then the books) were like making a kid version of Anne Rice.  Same sort of emo vampires, although in this case body glitter was substituted in for homo-eroticism.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Korea

It is just that Hollywood decides someone is going to be promoted as 'hot' and the masses just think what they're told to think?  :huh:

I don't really think he's hot. I think he kind of looks like he has down syndrome.
I want my mother fucking points!

Korea

He didn't want to turn her because he thought becoming a vampire would make her lose her soul and become evil and not get into heaven. He hated himself and the fact that he was turned.

Mostly everything about the book doesn't get conveyed to the movie. The movie sucks ass but I like the books.  :blush: :ph34r:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Korea on July 28, 2009, 07:16:57 PMI don't really think he's hot. I think he kind of looks like he has down syndrome.

Your taste in guys is well established.

DontSayBanana

The GF went ga-ga over the books but hates the movies; to keep pace, I had to read the books and allowed myself to be dragged to the movie, but came to the same conclusions- the book would have been awesome, sans "sparkle" effect, and whoever did casting for the movie needs to be dragged out and shot- mid-'90s Keanu Reeves would have had more screen presence than the kid with the huge forehead and caterpillar over his eyes, and Kristen Stewart sucks, miserably- the best thing that can be said about her is that she just cannot act.
Experience bij!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Siege

Did somebody say Lady Ga-ga?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Caliga

Quote from: DontSayBanana on July 28, 2009, 07:57:36 PM
mid-'90s Keanu Reeves would have had more screen presence
"Whoa.... it's Count DROCK-ulah."
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Neil

Quote from: Siege on July 28, 2009, 11:00:19 PM
Only you could come in and make a thread about Twilight even more gay.

You make Martinus look like Chuck Norris.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Korea

Quote from: Neil on July 29, 2009, 08:12:59 AM
Quote from: Siege on July 28, 2009, 11:00:19 PM
Only you could come in and make a thread about Twilight even more gay.

You make Martinus look like Chuck Norris.
:lol: You're so funny, Neil.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"