Calling Languishute wargamers! State of War needs newbs for the slaughter!

Started by Berkut, July 10, 2009, 08:45:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: ehrie on July 24, 2009, 05:52:39 PM
You aren't proposing peace, you are proposing I surrender, something I can't quite grasp.

So this is a pride thing?

You ran up, snatched up a bunch of territory you knew would cause a war, and now you would rather be wiped out than let go that death grip?

I think I already pointed out that stubborness is not strategy.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ehrie

Quote from: Berkut on July 24, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
Quote from: ehrie on July 24, 2009, 05:52:39 PM
You aren't proposing peace, you are proposing I surrender, something I can't quite grasp.

So this is a pride thing?

You ran up, snatched up a bunch of territory you knew would cause a war, and now you would rather be wiped out than let go that death grip?

I think I already pointed out that stubborness is not strategy.

I took available land. I had no idea you'd go all sweet sixteen over a couple of hexes, no. Maybe instead of attacking me you coulda, you know, sent me a PM. Crazy, I know.

Berkut

Yeah, I can certainly see how well that would have worked, considering your current "Not one step back!" 'strategy'.

0 rows returned

ehrie

You had ample opportunity to talk to me before you started hurling boulders. Peaceably I would have been very agreeable to a shift of some kind, but you had to start hurling boulders. Matters not, we'll both be on the sidelines pretty soon.

Tonitrus

Quote from: ehrie on July 24, 2009, 08:06:26 PM
You had ample opportunity to talk to me before you started hurling boulders. Peaceably I would have been very agreeable to a shift of some kind, but you had to start hurling boulders. Matters not, we'll both be on the sidelines pretty soon.

Oh hell, we'll all be on the sidelines.  Habs pretty much has this game in the bag.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Tonitrus

We need another game going. 

I'm going to invite some peeps at random.

Tonitrus

Went to look at the game we had going, and it seems the entire game poofed this time, with all of us being marked as "defeated".

Beta indeed.  :P

Berkut

Le sigh. I tried to warn you all that your war against me would result in your defeat, but did any of you listen? Of course not.

0 rows returned

Tonitrus

Quote from: Berkut on July 25, 2009, 01:06:43 AM
Le sigh. I tried to warn you all that your war against me would result in your defeat, but did any of you listen? Of course not.

Doomsday button cheat?  :mad:

ehrie

ulmont

Quote from: ehrie on July 25, 2009, 06:40:07 AM
That's a rather annoying bug.

Yes.  The State of War forum posters think it might be happening when multiple people resign in a turn, but I doubt any of our crew was pushing that button...

Seen

Quote from: ulmont on July 25, 2009, 07:50:22 AM
Quote from: ehrie on July 25, 2009, 06:40:07 AM
That's a rather annoying bug.

Yes.  The State of War forum posters think it might be happening when multiple people resign in a turn, but I doubt any of our crew was pushing that button...
Yeah thats definitly not it. Had it happening in a game yesterday as well with 4 people. Doubt multiple pushed it.

Strix

Site appears to be not working, so perhaps they are fixing the issues.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher