Calling Languishute wargamers! State of War needs newbs for the slaughter!

Started by Berkut, July 10, 2009, 08:45:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on July 24, 2009, 11:59:50 AM
How is that trouble, warning you that he is trying to drum up support for a war against you?

Looked like a "if you don't dow ehrie, I'm dowing you" ultimatum from here.

Quote from: Berkut on July 24, 2009, 11:59:50 AM
Anyway, it is clear your word is worthless.

It's a medical condition.

Berkut

If I wanted to send such an ultimatum, I would simply say "Hey, I am going to have to go after you if you don't go after ehrie". If course, you are leaving out your response, which pointed out that you were not bordering ehrie, and my agreement that war between you two wouldn't make much sense.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

I have given very reasonable peace terms to Ehrie, which include his halting his aggression against Berkundia.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Caliga

Somehow I didn't notice this thread until now.  Can I: play.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

ulmont

Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2009, 12:23:01 PM
Somehow I didn't notice this thread until now.  Can I: play.

Certainly.  Although this game may take a while to resolve, you can be in as many as you like...pick your 5 favorite* languishites and set up a private game (ask Berk for details; he did the honors last time).

*Within reason.  I'd exclude CDM for obvious reasons.

Hansmeister

I just created a logon for this as well, as Hansmeister, of course.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

ehrie

Oh this game is going to be over much quicker than you think ulmont. I have nothing at all to stop Habbaku from rolling me over and he's already on his way to a trade victory.

Berkut

Funny, I was just thinking that about ulmont...how about you cede that northern row of hexes to me, and we both go fight the other?

0 rows returned

ehrie

Quote from: Berkut on July 24, 2009, 01:33:41 PM
Funny, I was just thinking that about ulmont...how about you cede that northern row of hexes to me, and we both go fight the other?

Lemme get this straight. We're both going to die and I should give up stuff to you? How about we stop fighting each other like I've been saying for god knows how many turns before we are stuck watching the rest of the game.

Strix

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Berkut

Let me see if I get this straight - we are both going to die, and you insist on holding onto the reason for your war, even if it means your own destruction?

0 rows returned

ulmont

With 80 tiles to Tonitrus' 56, I think Habbaku won't have to settle for a trade victory.  I blame ehrie and Greyfox.

bogh

What's the level of activity required for this (once a day, thrice a week etc.)?

ehrie

Quote from: Berkut on July 24, 2009, 01:37:07 PM
Let me see if I get this straight - we are both going to die, and you insist on holding onto the reason for your war, even if it means your own destruction?

If I accept, I die at the hands of Habbaku. If I don't I die at the hands of Habbaku, but take you with me. Remember when this all got started and your reason for attacking me to begin with is you felt you were going down and might as well take me with you? Well, :P