Calling Languishute wargamers! State of War needs newbs for the slaughter!

Started by Berkut, July 10, 2009, 08:45:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

No, if you accept you can go fight Habbaku without needing to fight me. You at least have a chance then. You have no chance if you just insist on hanging on to the anvil that got you into this mess to begin with.

Stubborness is not a strategy.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: bogh on July 24, 2009, 02:33:59 PM
What's the level of activity required for this (once a day, thrice a week etc.)?

You can set the time limit for each round of orders.  Our game is set for once a day, so if you don't get orders in it just moves on without you.  But, if all players have submitted orders, the server just resolves them and starts the next round immediately (so 24 hours from the last time all players submitted orders).

I'm sure you could set a thrice a week game if you wanted.

ehrie

Quote from: Berkut on July 24, 2009, 02:45:26 PM
No, if you accept you can go fight Habbaku without needing to fight me. You at least have a chance then. You have no chance if you just insist on hanging on to the anvil that got you into this mess to begin with.

You're in the exact same boat I'm in. Once you realize that we can talk. We fought an inconclusive war, you don't get to walk away with 15% of my tiles because of that. Your fate shall be the same as mine. :P

On a side note, stateofwar.net down again? The link to our game in my profile is not working.

Tonitrus

Let it be known that he Tonitrian Commonwealth has been invaded by the brutal, Grey Fox barbarians, despite our peaceful respect towards our neighbors.

We also stand by our Ulmont brothers in their fight against aggression and tyranny.

Berkut

Quote from: ehrie on July 24, 2009, 03:17:24 PM

You're in the exact same boat I'm in.

No, I am not - you hold the territory that started this war, so in fact I am not in the same boat. I made an offer to resolve it, you rejected it out of hand, I made another offer that was ahlf the previous, you rejected that as well.

Clearly there is no dealing with you, and even if I agreed to a cease fire on 100% your terms, you would likely just break it anyway, since you are not willing to deal in good faith. I have proven my own good faith by making several offers to resolve the issue amicably.

So we will both go down because of your stubborness. Shrug.

0 rows returned

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 24, 2009, 03:20:53 PM
Let it be known that he Tonitrian Commonwealth has been invaded by the brutal, Grey Fox barbarians, despite our peaceful respect towards our neighbors.

We also stand by our Ulmont brothers in their fight against aggression and tyranny.

Grey Fox, Consuls of all Consuls of YFL has deemed your Commonwealth unworthy.

The Alliance shall Prevail.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

ehrie

Quote from: Berkut on July 24, 2009, 03:23:46 PM
Quote from: ehrie on July 24, 2009, 03:17:24 PM

You're in the exact same boat I'm in.

No, I am not - you hold the territory that started this war, so in fact I am not in the same boat. I made an offer to resolve it, you rejected it out of hand, I made another offer that was ahlf the previous, you rejected that as well.

Clearly there is no dealing with you, and even if I agreed to a cease fire on 100% your terms, you would likely just break it anyway, since you are not willing to deal in good faith. I have proven my own good faith by making several offers to resolve the issue amicably.

So we will both go down because of your stubborness. Shrug.

I hold territory you deemed was yours....because? I came in the third turn and offered you a white peace, your counter offer was 15 tiles of my land you felt was yours for some Hodforsaken reason. Once you see battle results of your attacks on my forts for this turn hopefully you'll see some reason. Ulmont, any resources you can spare I can pay in gold. I'm drained trying to repair eveything.

ulmont

Quote from: ehrie on July 24, 2009, 03:29:23 PM
Ulmont, any resources you can spare I can pay in gold. I'm drained trying to repair eveything.

Unfortunately, I checked that I had no PMs but did not read the thread before making my moves.

ehrie

It's okay. Say if you achieve victory while I'm allied to you do I win too? :P

ulmont

Quote from: ehrie on July 24, 2009, 03:34:57 PM

Yes, that's very possible, but it depends on the victory type.

ehrie

Quote from: ulmont on July 24, 2009, 03:36:09 PM
Quote from: ehrie on July 24, 2009, 03:34:57 PM

Yes, that's very possible, but it depends on the victory type.
Welp, to the Languish Pact of Steel! Then. :P

Habbaku

With no answer from the corrupt regime of Ehrienreich, the Trade Republic's army has no choice but to press further into the heathen lands.

I can only assume that Ehrie is taking a page out of the Soviet handbook here.  "No War, No Peace!"
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ehrie

Part of your terms was to end the war with Berkut, something he wants nothing of.

Berkut

Quote from: ehrie on July 24, 2009, 05:49:18 PM
Part of your terms was to end the war with Berkut, something he wants nothing of.

Nice one, since I am the one who keeps proposing a peace treaty, which you keep rejecting.

Indeed - No War! No Peace!

Bang your shoe on the table a bit.

0 rows returned

ehrie

You aren't proposing peace, you are proposing I surrender, something I can't quite grasp.