Calling Languishute wargamers! State of War needs newbs for the slaughter!

Started by Berkut, July 10, 2009, 08:45:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Caliga on July 27, 2009, 11:47:24 AM
I am gradually figuring this game out as I go along.  Kinda reminds me of Civilization.

You might want to actually build something on those empty tiles of yours.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tonitrus

Quote from: Habbaku on July 27, 2009, 11:28:36 PM
Quote from: Caliga on July 27, 2009, 11:47:24 AM
I am gradually figuring this game out as I go along.  Kinda reminds me of Civilization.

You might want to actually build something on those empty tiles of yours.

This map's starting situation kinda sucks, in that you -must- do the 3-for-1 trades with the "computer" in order to get the wood/crops to start building villages/towns.  At least you start out with a good income of clay/ore/gold to accommodate that.

Caliga

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 28, 2009, 12:16:13 AM
This map's starting situation kinda sucks, in that you -must- do the 3-for-1 trades with the "computer" in order to get the wood/crops to start building villages/towns.  At least you start out with a good income of clay/ore/gold to accommodate that.
I am just now realizing this.  :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Habbaku

This map's starting situation kinda sucks, in that you -must- do the 3-for-1 trades with the "computer" in order to get the wood/crops to start building villages/towns.

:huh:  I haven't had to do anything of the sort.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on July 28, 2009, 08:08:42 AM
This map's starting situation kinda sucks, in that you -must- do the 3-for-1 trades with the "computer" in order to get the wood/crops to start building villages/towns.

:huh:  I haven't had to do anything of the sort.

Tonitrus is talking about the Europe map.

Caliga

Yeah.  I put out a bunch of trade orders that would be less painful than the 3:1 automatic trade things, but nobody was responding, and apparently you only get two trades per turn max or something.  The trading system kinda sucks.  It's like a gimped version of Civilization.  I like the Civ version, complete with shouting and screaming, much better. :cool:

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

ulmont

Quote from: Caliga on July 28, 2009, 09:42:50 AM
Yeah.  I put out a bunch of trade orders that would be less painful than the 3:1 automatic trade things, but nobody was responding

Because we all only had clay and ore as well, and no wood or crops...

Berkut

Should we create separate threads for each game?

I am having trouble remember who my neighbors are...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on July 28, 2009, 09:55:05 AM

Probably should, yes.

ehrie

Quote from: Berkut on July 28, 2009, 09:55:05 AM

I've been your neighbor in all three games so far. STOP STALKING ME! :P

Berkut

0 rows returned

Caliga

Berkut

0 rows returned