Calling Languishute wargamers! State of War needs newbs for the slaughter!

Started by Berkut, July 10, 2009, 08:45:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

The way the game handles alliance is in need of major improvements.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Habbaku

Yeah, I think alliances need to be a bit more binding than they currently are.

I also dislike the total war nature of the combat system--there is relatively little incentive for a group not to just roll up an entire neighbor if able to, aside from the fact that any other neighbors are likely to take heavy advantage of the distraction.

Nonetheless, the game's fun.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Ulmont once again betrays me and builds up for an attack! But this time I knew it was coming due to an effective intelligence network, and I was barely able to launch a spoiling attack in a desperate effort to keep him from rolling ever me in his traitorous manner.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on July 29, 2009, 09:02:01 PM
Ulmont once again betrays me and builds up for an attack! But this time I knew it was coming due to an effective intelligence network, and I was barely able to launch a spoiling attack in a desperate effort to keep him from rolling ever me in his traitorous manner.

:lmfao:

Caliga

FYI, whenever someone sends me a trade offer the game hangs forever after I try to open it. :frusty:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tonitrus

The Tonitrians are disturbed at the warlike-tendencies of their neighbors, and will defend itself against all aggressors.  The large Ulmontian army is especially disturbing.

Berkut

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 29, 2009, 09:55:17 PM

The Tonitrians are disturbed at the warlike-tendencies of their neighbors, and will defend itself against all aggressors.  The large Ulmontian army is especially disturbing.

We very much respect and appreciate our northern neighbors and their corteousy in regards to our mutually de-militarized border regions, and hope it can remain that way.

0 rows returned

ehrie

The Southern Sect of Sectarian States of Ehrgaria are watching this situation closely and remain appalled at King Ulmont's treatment of the downtroden Habbackan civilians in the occupied territories. Cries and wails can be heard from the fertile plains. The smell wafting out of Fort Martinus in the Unwashed Masses of Berkundia is nearly as offensive.

Berkut

You know, I can live with "Unwashed masses" but Fort Martinus?

That is hitting below the belt. Literally.

0 rows returned

Caliga

Quote from: Caliga on July 29, 2009, 09:28:27 PM
FYI, whenever someone sends me a trade offer the game hangs forever after I try to open it. :frusty:
:grr:

I have trade offers I can't even look at, much less accept.

Does anyone else have this problem?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

ulmont

Quote from: Caliga on July 30, 2009, 07:04:24 AM
Quote from: Caliga on July 29, 2009, 09:28:27 PM
:grr:

I have trade offers I can't even look at, much less accept.

Does anyone else have this problem?

They aren't freezing, but sometimes I get empty trade offers.  I think this happens when someone else accepts the trade first.

ulmont

Quote from: ehrie on July 29, 2009, 11:04:40 PM
The Southern Sect of Sectarian States of Ehrgaria are watching this situation closely and remain appalled at King Ulmont's treatment of the downtroden Habbackan civilians in the occupied territories. Cries and wails can be heard from the fertile plains. The smell wafting out of Fort Martinus in the Unwashed Masses of Berkundia is nearly as offensive.

The King is most confused by this report.  There are no more "occupied territories" after the Treaty of Round 29, signed just outside of Castle Habbak; there is only those lands rightfully ceded to the Dominion of Ulmont.

As for the cries and wails, the hand of the Dominion lies but lightly on the aforementioned lands; any wretchedness found there is but the Habbakians quaint folkways, which they have mercifully been allowed to adhere to.

ulmont

Oh, Perfidy and Treason Most Foul!

Our Erstwhile Brethren, the Southern Sect of Sectarian States of Ehrgaria (or S4E for short), Have Most Cruelly Stabbed the Dominion of Ulmont in the Back!

We Demand that International Observers Condemn These Actions!

We Demand a Strongly Worded Letter!

ehrie

It is a sad day today. A State of War(lawl that's the name of the game!) nowmust exist between the SSSSE and King Ulmont's Dominion. Many are the reasons, his treatment of the native Habbakans, really wanting to get away from whatever is going on in Fort Martinus, and the callous penetration of ulmontian armies into heart of the peaceful nation of Berkundia has forced my hand. It will be a limited war. Restoration of lands lost in the last war to Habbakan supremacy, couple of those nice slay producing hills and security for our western neighbor.

ehrie

Point of Order, as the border incursion was in the South, we respecfully request a stabbing in the foot is most appropriate.