News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

I gather that they were just fishing for volunteers to be this "opioid czar" because they clearly don't actually care about this issue and Kellyanne Conway came up with the short straw.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Monoriu

mongers

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump    3h
.@Theresa_May, don't focus on me, focus on the destructive Radical Islamic Terrorism that is taking place within the United Kingdom. We are doing just fine!

:blink:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 29, 2017, 11:14:58 PM
Um...sorry?

I feel sorry for her, she called out Trump on him endorsing the Britain First leader's views (retweeted her youtube video links)

Incidentally, the last politician assassinated in the UK was murdered by someone shouting Britain First, the name of the racist organisation trump is now giving maximum international publicity to.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Do they crave *international* publicity? Seems superfluous.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Well I am sure the PM of the UK likes being told to fuck off.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 30, 2017, 12:09:02 AM

I already posted that the deputy leader who got retweeted by Trump was very excited about that happening.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Gups

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 30, 2017, 12:09:02 AM

Any kind of publicity.

Gups

Quote from: mongers on November 29, 2017, 11:19:24 PM
Um...sorry?

I feel sorry for her, she called out Trump on him endorsing the Britain First leader's views (retweeted her youtube video links)

Beg to differ. This is great for her.

Tamas

Quote from: Gups on November 30, 2017, 03:28:55 AM
Quote from: mongers on November 29, 2017, 11:19:24 PM
Um...sorry?

Beg to differ. This is great for her.

Possibly.

It reminded me of her visit to Trump - the British press were saying things like she has the opportunity to rein Trump in and make him behave. Which to me seemed like a gross overestimation of the UK's power, even ignoring the fact that Trump is an idiot.  What a contrast this "STFU" tweet is to that.

Anyways, I guess the dilemma is that a quick, beneficial US trade deal post-Brexit was the only remotely realistic "quick win" to grab out of Brexit. Not that it was too likely with Trump's view on economics as a zero sum game. Still, mutually starting to sulk with the Special Relationship just when creating a load of bad blood with Europe, might not be the best idea.

Gups

We're never going to get a trade deal with the US and if we did it wouldn't be because Trump was pushing it through. May did the bare minimum in repudiating Trump's retweets. But him responding really helps her, makes it look like she's pushing back against a man who is widely despised by almost all shades of political opinion. She needs to push back again to get any real benefit though.

With a deal on Brexit actually looking like a probability and no serious push-back on the divorce bill from Boris, Gove, the Mail or the Sun this is looking like May's best week since she called the election. That's a bar so low it might as well be subterranean but there's light at the end of the tunnel for her.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Gups on November 30, 2017, 06:03:02 AM
We're never going to get a trade deal with the US and if we did it wouldn't be because Trump was pushing it through. May did the bare minimum in repudiating Trump's retweets. But him responding really helps her, makes it look like she's pushing back against a man who is widely despised by almost all shades of political opinion. She needs to push back again to get any real benefit though.

You realize it's only going to get worse, don't you.

crazy canuck

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 30, 2017, 07:21:25 AM
Quote from: Gups on November 30, 2017, 06:03:02 AM

You realize it's only going to get worse, don't you.

Yep, and am not sure the US will be able to recover its credibility now that the Republicans have demonstrated they can live with crazy.  Even if your next President is stellar,  you will always be one election away from repeating this madness

frunk

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 30, 2017, 08:25:30 AM
Yep, and am not sure the US will be able to recover its credibility now that the Republicans have demonstrated they can live with crazy.  Even if your next President is stellar,  you will always be one election away from repeating this madness

That's been my biggest disappointment, not Trump but the Republican reaction.  They seem so eager to normalize his stupidity.