And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 28, 2017, 09:03:43 PM
Quote from: grumbler on November 28, 2017, 08:40:45 PM
Never underestimate Roy Moore's ability to fuck up.

I dunno;  he's been removed from the bench twice.  And now he's going to become a US Senator? Guy's doing something right.

He won his last election with only 52% of the vote before he was known pedophile. You'd think that would be good enough for a 3 point swing... :unsure: :(
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

The most important graph for understanding American politics over the last 50 years.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 28, 2017, 11:09:33 PM
Your state produced the clown in chief.
...and if it were up to my state, he would have stayed just a clown.  Alas, the American electoral system doesn't work that way.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 28, 2017, 09:11:58 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on November 28, 2017, 09:05:45 PM
I have full faith and confidence that Alabama will elect this guy.

Ah, Alabama--where we mind our own business when it comes to child rape.

Quotehttps://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/ex-marine-launches-write-campaign-beat-roy-moore-alabama-n824531

Busby said he opposed Moore even before numerous women came forward to accuse the candidate of pursuing them as teenagers, but Busby added that he saw a political opening in the wake of the scandal. Moore has adamantly denied all wrongdoing.

"I don't know Roy Moore. I've never met him," Busby said. "But there's a sense of self-righteousness that comes out of that campaign that bothered me. And I don't think it represents the majority of Alabama voters."

As for the allegations, Busy said he didn't know whether to believe them or not. "I'm not interested in that. Couldn't care less. That's between them," he said. :lol:

In Jefferson City, a man killed his best friend when he found out the guy raped his underage daughter.  He then went to the local TV station, gave an interview as to why he did it, and turned himself in.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/29/trump-account-retweets-anti-muslim-videos-of-british-far-right-leader

QuoteTrump retweets British far-right leader's anti-Muslim videos

Donald Trump has retweeted three anti-Muslim videos posted by Jayda Fransen, the deputy leader of the far-right group Britain First who has been convicted of religiously aggravated harassment.

Trump, who has 43.5 million followers on the network, retweeted three separate tweets by Fransen, which all included separate, unverified anti-Islamic videos.

One purported to show a group of Muslims pushing a boy off a roof. Another claimed to show a Muslim destroying a statue of the Virgin Mary and another showed immigrants hitting a Dutch boy on crutches.

The videos were retweeted without comment. Trump then turned to the more familiar territory of complaining about what he said was fake news on CNN.

Earlier this month, Fransen was found guilty of religiously aggravated harassment after she verbally abused a Muslim woman wearing a hijab.

Fransen responded delightedly to her posts being republished by the Trump account. She wrote: "THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, DONALD TRUMP, HAS RETWEETED THREE OF DEPUTY LEADER JAYDA FRANSEN'S TWITTER VIDEOS! DONALD TRUMP HIMSELF HAS RETWEETED THESE VIDEOS AND HAS AROUND 44 MILLION FOLLOWERS! GOD BLESS YOU TRUMP! GOD BLESS AMERICA!"

In September Fransen was charged with causing religiously aggravated harassment together with Paul Golding the leader of Britain First.

"The investigation related to the distribution of leaflets in the Thanet and Canterbury areas, and the posting of online videos during a trial held at Canterbury crown court the same month," Kent police said at the time.

The Canterbury trial involved three Muslim men and a teenager who were eventually convicted of rape and jailed.

Thomas Mair, the extreme rightwing terrorist, shouted "Britain first" before killing the MP Jo Cox during the EU referendum campaign last year.

Cox's widow, Brendan Cox, accused Trump of spreading hatred and trying to legitimise the far right in Britain.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

garbon

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/362285-trevor-noah-hits-warren-she-did-something-problematic

QuoteTrevor Noah hits Warren: Native American claims are 'something problematic'

Late-night host Trevor Noah said Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) "did something problematic" with claims about her Native American heritage.

During his late-night show, Noah said President Trump's "Pocahontas" nickname for Warren is a "tricky one to process." Nicknames Trump uses on other people are "self-explanatory," he said.

"But, when he says 'Pocahontas,' you might be thinking, 'Wait Trevor, I'm confused, is Elizabeth Warren Native America?' " Noah said.

"And you see, that's the question because, for a long time, she said she was."

Noah said in 2012, the New England Historic Genealogical Society "looked into" and found "no proof of Warren having Native American lineage."

Noah said that was "problematic."

He said he is struggling with the question of whether Trump is "racist."

"Is Donald Trump racist? Yea. But in his own way, he is hitting Elizabeth Warren for saying she is Native American when she wasn't," Noah, a frequent critic of Trump, said.

Noah said it's not that Warren "committed a crime."

"Elizabeth Warren did something problematic, the kind of thing we rightfully call each other out for every single day," Noah continued.

"So as weird as it is to say, in his own racially offensive way, Donald Trump was being woke. Yeah, and that's, unfortunately, the truth."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grinning_Colossus

Yeah, it seems pretty obvious that Warren claimed Native American ancestry to pad her resume with some diversity while looking for work. Not the worst thing in the world, but I worry a bit about the judgment of someone who doesn't know that you should only lie about things that no one can investigate.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on November 29, 2017, 08:55:39 AM
Yeah, it seems pretty obvious that Warren claimed Native American ancestry to pad her resume with some diversity while looking for work. Not the worst thing in the world, but I worry a bit about the judgment of someone who doesn't know that you should only lie about things that no one can investigate.

Well I guess she never planned to be senator so it didn't matter...but at the same time, yeah she was at one of our premier universities so seems like an odd choice.

grumbler

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on November 29, 2017, 08:55:39 AM

At the time she was padding, it wasn't practical to do the kind of research needed to disprove such a claim.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Do you really get diversity points for hiring random Americans claiming Native American heritage? Because that is like half the country.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on November 29, 2017, 10:35:27 AM
Do you really get diversity points for hiring random Americans claiming Native American heritage? Because that is like half the country.

only in the south where they're rather have native blood than black, right?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grinning_Colossus

It depends on how you package it for your audience. "My grandpappy was half injun" doesn't get you there, but "my Cherokee ancestry is an important part of my identity" can.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

derspiess

If you're desperate enough, hell yeah.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall