News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

frunk

Quote from: derspiess on November 28, 2017, 11:02:50 AM
It'd be nice to have a boring caretaker president for a change.

Already pining for Obama, eh?  It hasn't even been a year yet.

celedhring

What was the last boring US presidency? I guess Bush Sr. would qualify from a domestic perspective?

derspiess

Quote from: celedhring on November 28, 2017, 11:08:37 AM
What was the last boring US presidency? I guess Bush Sr. would qualify from a domestic perspective?

It's been a while.  Maybe Ike?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Ike was a master chessplayer in a very tense era for foreign affairs. Hardly boring.

Bush Sr. I indeed think was pretty boring. Which is why I loved him...when he wasn't talking about wars on drugs or the Simpsons.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on November 28, 2017, 11:25:45 AM
Ike was a master chessplayer in a very tense era for foreign affairs. Hardly boring.

Bush Sr. I indeed think was pretty boring. Which is why I loved him...when he wasn't talking about wars on drugs or the Simpsons.

Bush Sr conducted a major and  successful middle-eastern war, presided over the fall of the Berlin Wall and the Soviet Union, and threw up on the Japanese PM.

I think it is impossible for a presidency to be boring.  Maybe Carter counts, but even then you had the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, the Iranian hostage crisis, and general "malaise" and inflation.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

frunk

Quote from: Barrister on November 28, 2017, 11:35:37 AM
Bush Sr conducted a major and  successful middle-eastern war, presided over the fall of the Berlin Wall and the Soviet Union, and threw up on the Japanese PM.

I think it is impossible for a presidency to be boring.  Maybe Carter counts, but even then you had the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, the Iranian hostage crisis, and general "malaise" and inflation.

There's always going to be world events going on, and I think we are heading for a much more "dynamic" period after the post-Soviet breakup lull.  So by that standard it'll be quite a while before we have another quiet presidency.

Grey Fox

I agree with BB, presidency can't be boring since none of you mentioned Clinton's terms & that was BORING.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 28, 2017, 11:48:14 AM
I agree with BB, presidency can't be boring since none of you mentioned Clinton's terms & that was BORING.

:huh:

Nothing happened in the 90s? :wacko:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grinning_Colossus

Name *one* thing that happened in the 90s.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

crazy canuck

The war in the Balkans, armed conflict in Somalia, the creation of NAFTA, Ireland Peace Accords, to name just a few memorable events...  too boring for you?

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 28, 2017, 11:57:30 AM

The war in the Balkans, armed conflict in Somalia, the creation of NAFTA, Ireland Peace Accords, to name just a few memorable events...  too boring for you?

That's my point. The Clinton years are boring as fuck to remember & reminisce about & yet important things happened.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grinning_Colossus

Maybe I'm the only one who can't remember the 90s.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 28, 2017, 11:58:53 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 28, 2017, 11:57:30 AM

That's my point. The Clinton years are boring as fuck to remember & reminisce about & yet important things happened.

I am not sure what you mean by boring.