News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Why Canada's a bit shit

Started by Brazen, July 07, 2016, 06:06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

I've never considered peeing in an elevator to be a thing at all likely for anyone to do.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Quote from: Malthus on July 08, 2016, 04:06:32 PM
I've never considered peeing in an elevator to be a thing at all likely for anyone to do.

The courthouse elevator sometimes has quite an aroma coming from it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

I've never heard of anyone doing that, seems remarkably dangerous too, given it's a steel proto-coffin driven by electronic controls, you might at the least cause it to malfunction and grind to a halt?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on July 08, 2016, 04:12:11 PM

The courthouse elevator sometimes has quite an aroma coming from it.

Those Crowns and Judges must be real pigs.

;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

DGuller

One major disadvantage of using elevators to relieve yourself is that inevitably the puddle comes back to you, no matter how much effort you make to aim at a diagonally opposed corner.  Elevator cars tend to be perfectly level by design.

garbon

Elevators at the NYC subway are all about being urination spots.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on July 07, 2016, 12:21:07 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2016, 12:15:47 PM
Regina could be interesting. You never know.
Unless Saskatoon has drastically changed, the average citizen is in their late 50s.
Regina? *spit*

No, let me tell you about a lovely prairie city called Saskatoon...
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

dps

Quote from: DGuller on July 08, 2016, 04:05:13 PM
Quote from: dps on July 08, 2016, 03:53:08 PM
I don't think I've ever stepped into an elevator and thought, "This would be a good place to take a leak".
If you're alone, why not?

When I was single, I was alone in bed a lot, but I never considered that a good place to pee either.

DGuller

Quote from: dps on July 08, 2016, 05:36:36 PM
Quote from: DGuller on July 08, 2016, 04:05:13 PM
Quote from: dps on July 08, 2016, 03:53:08 PM
I don't think I've ever stepped into an elevator and thought, "This would be a good place to take a leak".
If you're alone, why not?

When I was single, I was alone in bed a lot, but I never considered that a good place to pee either.
That's a different situation.  In that situation your subconsciousness often makes the choice for you.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Brazen on July 08, 2016, 04:35:27 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 07, 2016, 12:53:32 PM
How can you write an article about the disadvantages of Canada and not mention winter?  :huh:
Because it's expected and even the most naive person considering a move there will be prepared for that. As the article says:

"It should come as no surprise that areas of Canada can get very cold in the winter - temperatures can drop to -40C (-40F) with severe wind chills."

More to the point why would anyone move to those parts when there are far better parts. :)

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 08, 2016, 08:59:53 PMMore to the point why would anyone move to those parts when there are far better parts. :)

When did Canada annex some Caribbean islands?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Foolishly they passed on the opportunity.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

The American grasp of geography can be weak at times but Vancouver is nowhere near the Caribbean.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 09, 2016, 08:50:24 AM
The American grasp of geography can be weak at times but Vancouver is nowhere near the Caribbean.

So, therefore, it is not far better. How is your summer going? Put away the sweaters yet?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

I've never considered peeing in an airplane alley to be a thing at all likely for anyone to do.  Yet, it happenned.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.