Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on August 08, 2016, 01:32:13 PM
Quote from: The Larch on August 08, 2016, 01:31:18 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on August 08, 2016, 01:28:24 PM
Yes, of course.

I forgot that some people actually care about those.  :lol:

Um you are talking to a Canadian here :P

But I agree with them, the Winter Olympics is awesome.

Yeah, forgot that for a moment.  :P

They are completely ignored over here, the Special Olympics get more coverage than the Winter ones.

Grey Fox

Quote from: The Larch on August 08, 2016, 01:49:46 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 08, 2016, 01:32:13 PM
Quote from: The Larch on August 08, 2016, 01:31:18 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on August 08, 2016, 01:28:24 PM
Yes, of course.

I forgot that some people actually care about those.  :lol:

Um you are talking to a Canadian here :P

But I agree with them, the Winter Olympics is awesome.

Yeah, forgot that for a moment.  :P

They are completely ignored over here, the Special Olympics get more coverage than the Winter ones.

We should merge them back.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

It is because you suck at them. I get it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on August 08, 2016, 01:51:26 PM

Of course, if we were any good some attention would be paid to them. Spain only won 2 medals ever in the winter games, a gold in Nagano and a bronze in Albertville, the winners were actually brother & sister. Unless that family produces more competitors we won't ever won another medal in winter games again. We are just not a winter sports country.

The Brain

Quote from: The Larch on August 08, 2016, 02:01:46 PM

Of course, if we were any good some attention would be paid to them. Spain only won 2 medals ever in the winter games, a gold in Nagano and a bronze in Albertville, the winners were actually brother & sister. Unless that family produces more competitors we won't ever won another medal in winter games again. We are just not a winter sports country.

Oh fickle world. Now Johann Mühlegg never existed. How easily humans forget...
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch

Quote from: The Brain on August 08, 2016, 02:08:16 PM
Quote from: The Larch on August 08, 2016, 02:01:46 PM

Oh fickle world. Now Johann Mühlegg never existed. How easily humans forget...

He was stripped of his medals for doping. It was very funny, when he joined the team he was nicknamed "Juanito" and everyone called him like that. As soon as he tested positive he was always referred as Johann.

celedhring

I'd say we suck at the regular Olympics too, and we pay lots of attention to them nonetheless.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on August 08, 2016, 04:41:40 PM
I'd say we suck at the regular Olympics too, and we pay lots of attention to them nonetheless.

Nah, I wouldn't say that we suck. We got 17 medals in 2012 and 18 in 2008, more than decent.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Yes!  The American swimmer King beat the Russian druggie in the 100 breast

Maladict

Dutch gymnast got sent home for turning up drunk the morning after he qualified for the finals.
This guy is one of the best, he had an excellent shot at a medal. And the finals are ten days from now.
There may well be more to the story, but so far it seems excessively Calvinist.

The Larch

Quote from: Maladict on August 09, 2016, 12:47:06 PM
Dutch gymnast got sent home for turning up drunk the morning after he qualified for the finals.
This guy is one of the best, he had an excellent shot at a medal. And the finals are ten days from now.

He had already been banned in the past for testing positive for cocaine, so I guess this wasn't his first strike.

Savonarola

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 08, 2016, 09:03:28 PM
Yes!  The American swimmer King beat the Russian druggie in the 100 breast

:thumbsup:

I felt bad for the woman in fourth place, since she will almost certainly be awarded the bronze at a later date, but won't have her podium moment.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Maladict

Quote from: The Larch on August 09, 2016, 12:49:31 PM

He had already been banned in the past for testing positive for cocaine, so I guess this wasn't his first strike.

Oh I know, but that's not the same thing is it? Cocaine is on the doping list, for one.

The Larch

Quote from: Maladict on August 09, 2016, 02:08:09 PM
Quote from: The Larch on August 09, 2016, 12:49:31 PM

Oh I know, but that's not the same thing is it? Cocaine is on the doping list, for one.

Yes, yes, but what I mean is that maybe the guy is a hard partier and that goes against the team's code. Apparently they were forbidden from going out while they were competing, and maybe that guy had a history of doing that.