Zika, drugs, and medals: The Rio Olympics thread

Started by celedhring, July 02, 2016, 04:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I see Hope Solo is living up to her cunty reputation.

Plus, her nudes weren't that great.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Liep

Quote from: mongers on August 12, 2016, 08:18:41 PM
Quote from: Liep on August 12, 2016, 04:54:31 PM
Amazing final. Australia really rode their chance and pressed team Wiggins but the invincible Brits set another WR.

Yeah, real exciting, well done to Australia for pushing them so close.  :bowler:

I love track cycling

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

Has any of you ever met/hanged out with an Olympian? Just curious. One of my high school classmates won a silver medal in the 2000s Olympics (men's football). I had the honor of helping him cheat his university admission exams...

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on August 13, 2016, 03:54:01 AM
Has any of you ever met/hanged out with an Olympian? Just curious. One of my high school classmates won a silver medal in the 2000s Olympics (men's football). I had the honor of helping him cheat his university admission exams...

Who? Gabri? Luque? Toni Velamazán?

Liep

The Olympic diving pool started to smell of fart and a couple of divers complained they got itchy eyes from it. Go RIO!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

A Dutch rider just managed to keep her balance after being pushed on to the rail on her bike. She rode a couple of seconds on a vertical side wall. That's insane.

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on August 13, 2016, 05:12:58 AM

Who? Gabri? Luque? Toni Velamazán?

Unai Bergara.

Injuries destroyed his career, sadly.

mongers

Quote from: Liep on August 13, 2016, 08:16:38 AM
A Dutch rider just managed to keep her balance after being pushed on to the rail on her bike. She rode a couple of seconds on a vertical side wall. That's insane.

I'll have to see that, which event, BMX?

Also when does Peter Sagan go in the mountain bike?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Quote from: mongers on August 13, 2016, 08:43:21 AM

You'd think it was BMX but it was track cycling, in the Keirin event. She was in toe clipped pedals too.

EDIT: Name was    Laurine van Riessen

mongers

Quote from: Liep on August 13, 2016, 08:53:38 AM
Quote from: mongers on August 13, 2016, 08:43:21 AM

You'd think it was BMX but it was track cycling, in the Keirin event. She was in toe clipped pedals too.

EDIT: Name was    Laurine van Riessen

Liep thanks for that, I'll make sure to see the highlights package this evening.

edit:
Sagan in the mountain bike on the 21st.

Liep

Apparently she was in the vancouver olympic as a speed skater too

Maladict

I know one of the 2008/2012 Olympian rowers. In fact, I gave him his very first rowing lessons.

Maladict

The Dutch riders have been crashing out (literally and figuratively) all over the place.

Liep

Quote from: Maladict on August 13, 2016, 09:08:50 AM

The Dutch riders have been crashing out (literally and figuratively) all over the place.

She won the follow up heat and progressed anyway though. I'm a fan.

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on August 13, 2016, 09:08:04 AM

I know one of the 2008/2012 Olympian rowers. In fact, I gave him his very first rowing lessons.

:cool: