Zika, drugs, and medals: The Rio Olympics thread

Started by celedhring, July 02, 2016, 04:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

11B4V

That's right ching-chong POS doper. Has to suck real bad getting beat by non-doper.

Same for the Russian's.

China: Swimmer Chen Xinyi tests positive at Rio Olympics

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/olympics/china-swimmer-chen-xinyi-tests-positive-at-rio-olympics/ar-BBvxai0?ocid=ansmsnsports11
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Liep

GOLD! GOLD! GOLD! Pernille Blume is the fastest female swimmer at the Olympics!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on August 14, 2016, 02:25:42 AM

:cool:

First swimming gold for Denmark since 1948 no less.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on August 14, 2016, 08:18:55 AM
Quote from: Liep on August 14, 2016, 02:25:42 AM

:cool:

First swimming gold for Denmark since 1948 no less.

:wub:  That's so cute.

garbon

No big deal...

https://www.buzzfeed.com/emaoconnor/lochte-rio-incident?utm_term=.kbKVlNvoR#.fuN1J9p2D

QuoteRyan Lochte And Teammates Were Robbed At Gunpoint In Rio

US Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte and three fellow competitors were robbed by men "posing as armed officers" in Rio early Sunday morning, he and his teammates said.

Lochte confirmed the incident to NBC hours after his mother, Illeana Lochte, told Fox Sports about it.

"The guy pulled out his gun, he cocked it, put it to my forehead and he said, 'Get down,'" Lochte said, describing the incident. "I put my hands up, I was like 'whatever.' He took our money, he took my wallet — he left my cell phone, he left my credentials."

A spokesperson for the International Olympic Committee (IOC) initially called Lochte's mother's claims "absolutely not true."

However, the US Olympic Committee (USOC) later confirmed to BuzzFeed News that the incident had in fact occurred.

"According to four members of the U.S. Olympic Swimming Team (Gunnar Bentz, Jack Conger, Jimmy Feigen and Ryan Lochte)," USOC spokesperson Patrick Sandusky said in an email, "they left France House early Sunday morning in a taxi headed for the Olympic Village."

Sandusky said the athletes' taxi was stopped by multiple men posing as armed police officers who demanded the Americans' money and "other personal belongings."

He added that the swimmers are now safe and cooperating with authorities.

The 32-year-old Olympic champion's mother told Fox that Lochte called her immediately following the robbery, describing the incident as "terrifying." She said his wallet had been taken but that he and his teammates were unharmed.

In Lochte's description of the incident, he portrayed himself as not so afraid as his mother described.

"We got pulled over, in the taxi, and these guys came out with a badge, a police badge, no lights, no nothing just a police badge and they pulled us over," Lochte said. "They pulled out their guns, they told the other swimmers to get down on the ground — they got down on the ground. I refused, I was like we didn't do anything wrong, so — I'm not getting down on the ground."

It was then that the man put the gun directly to Lochte's head and Lochte responded, "Whatever," he said.

Lochte's mother said she and Lochte's girlfriend were going to meet Lochte after the incident, and that he was now waiting for them safe at the Olympic village.

Shortly after this report was initially published, however, a spokesperson for the International Olympic Committee (IOC), Mark Adams, said at a press conference that the story was "absolutely not true."

Adams said his denial was based on information from the US Olympic Committee (USOC) and Lochte himself.

Hours after this statement, Lochte told NBC that his mother's report was true and the USOC released a statement backing his claims.

Lochte swam in two events at the Rio Games, winning gold in the 4×200-meter freestyle relay.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

sbr

QuoteJon KrawczynskiVerified account
‏@APkrawczynski

Quote of the Rio Games from an official on the green diving pool: "Chemistry is not an exact science."

:D

CountDeMoney

DGuller

Simone Biles must be from a different world.  In the vault finals, her distance to 2nd place was almost twice as big as the distance of 2nd place to last place.  :wacko:

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on August 14, 2016, 01:49:13 PM
Simone Biles must be from a different world.  In the vault finals, her distance to 2nd place was almost twice as big as the distance of 2nd place to last place.  :wacko:

Yeah she is nuts. It seems almost unfair they have to compete against her.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

sbr

Her margin over 2nd in the all around was the same (or more) than the 1st to 2nd margin in the last 7 Olympics combined.