Zika, drugs, and medals: The Rio Olympics thread

Started by celedhring, July 02, 2016, 04:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Watched a good chunk of USA Colombia women's fodbol.  Cuties on both sides of the ball.  That left winger for the US, the little high yalla gamin in particular caught my eye.

sbr

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 09, 2016, 07:57:50 PM
http://www.ussoccer.com/womens-national-team/latest-roster#tab-1

Top row, second from left.

First female soccer players are probably the hottest group of athletes. 

Second I am 99% sure that gal is an 18 year old freshman at UCLA, fwiw

Third as nice looking as they all are (especially Alex Morgan) there is something about Hope Solo that I just can't quit.  I know she is married to one of the worst human beings around, and that she would have no qualms about beating me to death with a hubcap but I think it might be worth it.

Admiral Yi

Weird.  I clicked my own link and got a different layout than when I copied and pasted the link.

I'm talking about Mallory Pugh.  Site says she plays for Real Colorada FC United Hotspur.

sbr

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 09, 2016, 08:10:48 PM
Weird.  I clicked my own link and got a different layout than when I copied and pasted the link.

I'm talking about Mallory Pugh.  Site says she plays for Real Colorada FC United Hotspur.

Yep that's the one.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mallory_Pugh

She just turned 18 at the end of April and apparently is going to wait a year before she starts playing at UCLA.

Admiral Yi

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 09, 2016, 08:26:56 PM
Royal Colorado.  How retarded is that?

Yeah, that pro/semi-pro US soccer teams seem to have ripped off UK/Euro naming conventions, even when it's absurd, is just silly.

CountDeMoney

Grey Fox

Hope Solo is #2 on my list of celebrities to have sex with.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

sbr

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 09, 2016, 08:49:58 PM

Who's #1?

EDIT:  I am planning on being disappointed with this answer btw

citizen k

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 09, 2016, 08:49:58 PM

She's a hothead.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/Police-Hope-Solo-repeatedly-punched-nephew-5573464.php#photo-6499715

Police reports claim that soccer star Hope Solo's family members had just let her back into their lives when she drunkenly assaulted them early Saturday morning in Kirkland, Wash.

celedhring

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 09, 2016, 08:41:38 PM

Yeah, that pro/semi-pro US soccer teams seem to have ripped off UK/Euro naming conventions, even when it's absurd, is just silly.

Which king awarded the "Royal" title to Colorado? Burger? Don? 

Liep

The Olympic pool infested with algae overnight after the filter system got clogged.

Before and after:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on August 10, 2016, 06:27:25 AM

There are even more ironic "Real" teams around, just witness Sierra Leone's Real Republicans FC!  :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Republicans_F.C._(Sierra_Leone)

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on August 10, 2016, 06:27:25 AM

The Kansas City Royals, they are the kings of baseball.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."