News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

UEFA Euro 2016

Started by Zanza, May 17, 2016, 12:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 14, 2016, 06:30:52 AM
Kremlin calls on Russian fans to not respond to provocation.

I give it a week before they deny any of the hooligans are Russian and claim they're Pro-russian local fans with legitimate grievances.

Anyone can buy Russian football fan gear at a store...

Martinus

And if later on Paris holds a spontaneous referendum on accession to the Russian federation, that's democracy, too.

Josephus

Quote from: celedhring on June 12, 2016, 05:47:04 PM
I know I say this every time one of those tournaments rolls around, but so far games have been mostly meh. The fact that the group phase is pretty meaningless (16 out of 24 teams go through  :lol:) makes them even less interesting.

Yup. I thought the Italy Belgium and Germany UKriane were OK, but yes, by and large teams now that the tournament for real doesn't start till the next round and you can draw your way out of the group.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Tamas

celedhring

Quote from: Tamas on June 14, 2016, 09:52:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iwBM_YB1sE

I see there's an Austria-Hungary game today. Who are they playing against, though?

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on June 14, 2016, 09:55:02 AM
I see there's an Austria-Hungary game today. Who are they playing against, though?

Hopefully Serbia. Bastards.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

:D

I would like to point out, that this, namely that Hungary is playing in a Euro finals, has not happened before in my lifetime.

Realistically, going down with dignity in this match, or miracling to a draw is all we can hope for. But I just can't stop hoping that we might... we just might...

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Pedrito

Quote from: Valmy on June 14, 2016, 10:19:51 AM

Revenge for the lost final of Sarajevo '14?

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Liep

So apparently Austria is seen as many as an outsider. This is their starting 11:

Østrig: Almer, Klein, Dragovic, Hinteregger, Fuchs, Baumgartlinger, Alaba, Harnik, Junuzovic, Arnautovic, Janko.

Of those I've only heard of Fuchs before. I am officially: out of the loop. :(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Aparantly even during the Austro-Hungarian Empire they actually were two separate national teams so there never actually was an Austria-Hungary team :weep:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Pedrito on June 14, 2016, 10:56:20 AM
Quote from: Valmy on June 14, 2016, 10:19:51 AM

Revenge for the lost final of Sarajevo '14?

L.

They already did that in '15.

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on June 14, 2016, 10:56:49 AM
So apparently Austria is seen as many as an outsider. This is their starting 11:

Østrig: Almer, Klein, Dragovic, Hinteregger, Fuchs, Baumgartlinger, Alaba, Harnik, Junuzovic, Arnautovic, Janko.

Of those I've only heard of Fuchs before. I am officially: out of the loop. :(

Really? Not even Alaba? I know a couple more from FM (Dragovic, playing for Barcelona in my current game, Arnautovic and Harnik also ring a bell) but that's it.

FunkMonk

I only know Fuchs, Alaba, and Arnautovic from that list.  :(
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

celedhring

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 14, 2016, 12:00:37 PM
I only know Fuchs, Alaba, and Arnautovic from that list.  :(

Actually I recognize more names in the Hungarian squad than in the Austrian one. Alaba is great though.

And one of the few Austrian players I know just killed the game for his team :D

Tamas must be happy.