And we're back!

Main Menu

UEFA Euro 2016

Started by Zanza, May 17, 2016, 12:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

The worst game I've sen so far.

Clashes between Germany and Ukrainian fans apparently :(

Also in theory Russia and Ukraine could meet in the next round.
Let's bomb Russia!

Zanza

Poland looks fairly strong offensively, but lacklustre in the back. Northern Ireland is not strong enough to compete in the tournament.

Just heard some German chants during the NI - Poland game... :huh:

Zanza

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 12, 2016, 12:24:45 PM
The worst game I've sen so far.

Clashes between Germany and Ukrainian fans apparently :(

Also in theory Russia and Ukraine could meet in the next round.

Not sure if you can call those people "fans". Pretty sure they are only there to stir up trouble...

Malicious Intent

An estimated 150 hooligans from Germany have managed to come to France. Most are also said to be from the far right political spectrum. Little surprise there, judging from the picture above.

Admiral Yi

Those fishing hats are terrifying and should be outlawed.

Sheilbh

Mustafi. Released on a free by Moyes :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

Zanza

Germany has the youngest and most experienced team at the Euro. :huh:

The Larch

Quote from: Zanza on June 12, 2016, 02:22:53 PM

How do they measure experience? I read somewhere that Spain was the national team with more caps of the whole tournament.

HVC

Germany's looking a little shakey defensively.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Zanza

Quote from: The Larch on June 12, 2016, 02:40:51 PM

How do they measure experience? I read somewhere that Spain was the national team with more caps of the whole tournament.
I just read that Germany has the highest median number of caps. Maybe Spain has the highest average?

Zanza

Quote from: HVC on June 12, 2016, 02:44:02 PM
Germany's looking a little shakey defensively.
Like in the last few tournaments. But Ukraine was also stronger and more offensive than I would have expected. Good fun game so far with some really close calls for Germany, especially the last 15 minutes.

The Larch

Quote from: Zanza on June 12, 2016, 02:50:03 PM
Quote from: The Larch on June 12, 2016, 02:40:51 PM

I just read that Germany has the highest median number of caps. Maybe Spain has the highest average?

Don't know, we have a mixture of long term veterans and newcomers in the national team at the moment. 4 of the Top 10 playes in terms of caps in Spanish football history are in the team at the moment (Casillas, Ramos, Iniesta and Cesc, all of them over 100 caps, with Casillas topping the list at 167), and by the time the competition will be over it will be 5, as Silva will surely overtake Puyol and maybe Raúl as well. At the same time we have almost half the team with less than 10 caps. So maybe Spain has the most total caps and Germany the most average caps?

Zanza

Germany has a slightly lower average than Spain (41 to 43 caps) but a much higher median (46 to 15). Germany could field an entire team of 50+ caps players, Spain has just 8.

Liep

I like Jens Lehmann as colour commentator on BBC5, great insights.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Zanza

Schweinsteiger!  :w00t: The Captain is back.