Brexit and the waning days of the United Kingdom

Started by Josquius, February 20, 2016, 07:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you vote on Britain remaining in the EU?

British- Remain
12 (12%)
British - Leave
7 (7%)
Other European - Remain
21 (21%)
Other European - Leave
6 (6%)
ROTW - Remain
34 (34%)
ROTW - Leave
20 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on June 30, 2016, 06:00:21 PM

--remember the younger Brits would likely want back in when they're a majority.

is that those youngsters that couldn't be bothered to vote? Cause those were apparently in the majority in their age-bracket. SO it can't have been that important to them.  <_<

that said: a solution that allows for easy reintegration of Britain (or what's left of it) should be paramount

Liep

I've given up trying to follow this thing, but I did stumble upon this:

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2016/06/30/revealed-inspiration-behind-michael-gove-attempt-clap/

Are those his real hands?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Sheilbh

Didn't notice at the time but May also raised status of EU citizens already here. The Leave campaign gave assurances, nit I hadn't thought of a Remain campaigner being more hardline. I wouldn't be surprised if she outflanked Gove from the right.
Let's bomb Russia!

Richard Hakluyt

May has been Home Secretary for 6 years and I don't yet hate her...............that is quite impressive really  :D

Sheilbh

According to Stephen Bush consensus in both parties emerging that free movement is a goner, including the CTA in Ireland. Which is really bad for Northern Ireland :ultra:
Let's bomb Russia!

Richard Hakluyt

I hope not, that was the best thing about being in the EU.

Sheilbh

Also seen a few people tipping Leadsom to win the activist vote if she gets to the last two...
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 01, 2016, 06:45:32 AM
According to Stephen Bush consensus in both parties emerging that free movement is a goner, including the CTA in Ireland. Which is really bad for Northern Ireland :ultra:
Oh fuck. :bleeding:
██████
██████
██████

Richard Hakluyt

Agelastus

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 01, 2016, 06:45:32 AM

So the consensus is that our exit will cause Ireland to lose their Schengen exemption, then? Because that's the only thing I can see that would kill the CTA.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Tamas

So the plan is tariffs, passports, and visas. Yay!

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on July 01, 2016, 08:53:58 AM

Control is being taken back Eurocrat!!!!11
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

It will be okay. When things get bad the UK can always reopen the coal mines.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

mongers

To be fair that's a gross over simplification, there was no plan, there is no plan, there never will be a plan.   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Quote from: mongers on July 01, 2016, 09:16:35 AM

To be fair that's a gross over simplification, there was no plan, there is no plan, there never will be a plan.   :bowler:

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."