Brexit and the waning days of the United Kingdom

Started by Josquius, February 20, 2016, 07:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you vote on Britain remaining in the EU?

British- Remain
12 (12%)
British - Leave
7 (7%)
Other European - Remain
21 (21%)
Other European - Leave
6 (6%)
ROTW - Remain
34 (34%)
ROTW - Leave
20 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Zanza

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on June 24, 2016, 03:42:46 PM
I just hope that there is someone I feel is worth voting for at the next election.

The German press is extremely negative about Boris Johnson today. Donald Trump levels of negative.

The Larch

Some leavers were quoted at the BBC telling that article 50 could wait to be triggered until after the French presidential elections of 2017. Not in such a hurry to "take control", apparently.

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 24, 2016, 03:45:07 PM
If the EU were fully democratic--one man one vote, majority wins, basic rights can't be voted away--I'm positive people would be bitching about that too.

^_^
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Europe understandably wants a quickie divorce.

UK might not have the time to find a decent lawyer and also to cut costs, might have to represent itself in proceedings?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Zanza

Prediction: David Cameron will go into history as the worst British Prime Minister since Lord North.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Zanza on June 24, 2016, 04:09:49 PM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on June 24, 2016, 03:42:46 PM
I just hope that there is someone I feel is worth voting for at the next election.

The German press is extremely negative about Boris Johnson today. Donald Trump levels of negative.

Well I am in agreement with them then. I think his behaviour has been very self-serving and will be very disgruntled and feel disenfranchised if he becomes PM in some sort of backroom deal.

frunk

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on June 24, 2016, 04:21:18 PM
Prediction: David Cameron will go into history as the worst British Prime Minister since Lord North.

Yeah as I'd noted Eden is apparently considered the worst rated modern PM, so I can't see how Cameron couldn't beat past him - particularly if Scotland leaves.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on June 24, 2016, 04:23:39 PM
Well I am in agreement with them then. I think his behaviour has been very self-serving and will be very disgruntled and feel disenfranchised if he becomes PM in some sort of backroom deal.

A politician that is self-serving? :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: garbon on June 24, 2016, 04:25:51 PM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on June 24, 2016, 04:23:39 PM

A politician that is self-serving? :P

:P

There are shades of grey though; I'd say the likes of Thatcher and Wilson are far less self-serving than Boris and Blair.

Admiral Yi

Boris is another one, like Christie, that I got wrong.

Jacob

Quote from: mongers on June 24, 2016, 04:16:08 PM

The EU wants to free up 1 GB of space ASAP.

mongers

Quote from: Jacob on June 24, 2016, 04:36:13 PM
Quote from: mongers on June 24, 2016, 04:16:08 PM

The EU wants to free up 1 GB of space ASAP.

:D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Barrister

Maybe I haven't been paying close enough attention - what's the big knock against Johnson?  He seemed rather popular when first elected Mayor.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Zanza