News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Powerball Pool!

Started by Berkut, January 12, 2016, 05:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 14, 2016, 07:07:26 AM
Use the 35$ to buy Powerball tickets for saturday.

I wonder how much those 72k tickets people have made.

One of the winners was in Florida, so maybe they did it.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Pedrito

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 14, 2016, 04:47:07 PM
Quote from: mongers on January 14, 2016, 01:39:08 PM
Which begs the question, where does that come from?

Video games.  And that loud Rock and Roll music all the kids are listening to these days.
You forgot Dungeons & Dragons.
1st edition.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Razgovory

It's clearly not from you and no doubt your wife, so where, other children, the wider culture?   Capitalism in tooth and claw?  :unsure:

Berkut did lean libertarian for a while...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

It's clearly not from you and no doubt your wife, so where, other children, the wider culture?   Capitalism in tooth and claw?  :unsure:

I've said before in the context of discussions about the feasibility of a Social Democratic welfare state in this country that it wouldn't work because we are a nation of Scotch-Irish tinker con artists.

Monoriu

Quote from: Berkut on January 14, 2016, 01:29:37 PM
So my son, being the devious sort, was trying to figure out how I could screw all of you in some scam.

It was kind of alarming how adamant he was about how I should just keep the money for the tickets, or keep all the money if we won.

He was very upset when I told him I took pictures of the tickets and posted them.

Then he started thinking about how I could just fake pictures, and keep the money, and not buy any tickets at all.

I mentioned that would be kind of a problem if the "fake" pictures had a winning ticket, and he pointed out that the odds of that happening were very small, and probably much smaller than the odds of getting caught stealing in pretty much any other possible fashion.

IE, you take the money, fake up some pics, and run the 1/million chance of actually having to pay out.

I have to say, the little shit is scary devious. He is either going to end up in jail, or an investment banker. Or both.

Goldman Sachs is his destiny, congratulations.  I suggest that you provide whatever encouragement and support to him that is needed :contract:

MadImmortalMan

I had a dream once where I won the powerball. I bought a village in Slovenia and painted FU Jaron on all the roofs so you could find it on google earth. It was weird.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 14, 2016, 08:20:39 PM
I had a dream once where I won the powerball. I bought a village in Slovenia and painted FU Jaron on all the roofs so you could find it on google earth. It was weird.
I wish someone would do totally crazy shit like that if they won. :hmm:

If I ever win the lotto, I promise you people I will.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Monoriu

If I win the lottery, none of you will hear about it. 

Jacob

Quote from: Monoriu on January 14, 2016, 08:22:10 PM

You'll have to play to win, though.

Eddie Teach

We'll have to guess from the increasing amount of travel stories and complete lack of work stories.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 14, 2016, 09:19:54 PM

We'll have to guess from the increasing amount of travel stories and complete lack of work stories.

You probably won't stick around reading them if I go on and on about the same boring work stories forever  :P

crazy canuck

Quote from: Habbaku on January 13, 2016, 07:39:26 PM
Because Languish won't win.

Well, we know who the Languish Pool shareholders should blame  :mad:

DGuller

Yeah.  There aren't too many lottery winners around who think that playing lottery is stupid.  Maybe there is a lesson to be learned there for the future?