What should England's national anthem be?

Started by Brazen, January 13, 2016, 05:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

I like that one Elton John song about being made in England.  Forget what it's called.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on January 14, 2016, 08:23:41 PM
I like that one Elton John song about being made in England.  Forget what it's called.

I think it was called "The Bus That Wouldn't Slow Down".  :P

Nah, it was called "Made in England".
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Duque de Bragança

Surprised nobody suggested Anarchy in the U.K.

Valmy

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on January 15, 2016, 10:08:24 AM

Um it is a song about the U.K. and we are talking about England.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on January 15, 2016, 10:10:03 AM

Um it is a song about the U.K. and we are talking about England.

I know, but I was not serious.

PS: not so serious ones (bit less so), River Kwai March or Colonel Bogey March. :) Still not purely English enough but then so is Hail to England, since it is from the US heavy metal band Manowar.  :hmm:

The Minsky Moment

A few people suggested God Save the Queen.  I just assumed they meant the Sex Pistols version.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Malthus

Just play God Save the Queen - the verse about beating up the Scots.  :D

QuoteLord, grant that Marshal Wade,
May by thy mighty aid
Victory bring.
May he sedition hush,
and like a torrent rush
Rebellious Scots to crush!
God save the Queen!

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy