Languish Powerball Pool!

Started by Berkut, January 12, 2016, 05:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Berkut

So my son, being the devious sort, was trying to figure out how I could screw all of you in some scam.

It was kind of alarming how adamant he was about how I should just keep the money for the tickets, or keep all the money if we won.

He was very upset when I told him I took pictures of the tickets and posted them.

Then he started thinking about how I could just fake pictures, and keep the money, and not buy any tickets at all.

I mentioned that would be kind of a problem if the "fake" pictures had a winning ticket, and he pointed out that the odds of that happening were very small, and probably much smaller than the odds of getting caught stealing in pretty much any other possible fashion.

IE, you take the money, fake up some pics, and run the 1/million chance of actually having to pay out.

I have to say, the little shit is scary devious. He is either going to end up in jail, or an investment banker. Or both.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

35/150 = .23333333333/share.

So yeah, that is $1.17 for those who bought 5 shares...

0 rows returned

Valmy

It sounds like your son is prime future Languish material.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Quote from: Berkut on January 14, 2016, 01:30:50 PM
35/150 = .23333333333/share.

So yeah, that is $1.17 for those who bought 5 shares...
I am just kidding of course.

I mean i won $4 in family picked numbers so don't need that $1.40 :P

Habbaku

To be fair to Berkut's son, he is a teenager.  All teenagers are little sociopaths at some point.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

I keep telling myself that...

0 rows returned

mongers

Quote from: Berkut on January 14, 2016, 01:29:37 PM
So my son, being the devious sort, was trying to figure out how I could screw all of you in some scam.

It was kind of alarming how adamant he was about how I should just keep the money for the tickets, or keep all the money if we won.

He was very upset when I told him I took pictures of the tickets and posted them.

Then he started thinking about how I could just fake pictures, and keep the money, and not buy any tickets at all.

I mentioned that would be kind of a problem if the "fake" pictures had a winning ticket, and he pointed out that the odds of that happening were very small, and probably much smaller than the odds of getting caught stealing in pretty much any other possible fashion.

IE, you take the money, fake up some pics, and run the 1/million chance of actually having to pay out.

I have to say, the little shit is scary devious. He is either going to end up in jail, or an investment banker. Or both.

Which begs the question, where does that come from?

It's clearly not from you and no doubt your wife, so where, other children, the wider culture?   Capitalism in tooth and claw?  :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: Habbaku on January 14, 2016, 01:36:13 PM
To be fair to Berkut's son, he is a teenager.  All teenagers are little sociopaths at some point.

See my other above post, I think you've probably provided a better explanation than me.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Berkut

Quote from: mongers on January 14, 2016, 01:39:08 PM

Which begs the question, where does that come from?

It's clearly not from you and no doubt your wife, so where, other children, the wider culture?   Capitalism in tooth and claw?  :unsure:

Certainly not his sister, who is a complete sweetheart.

Not me.

That leaves...hhmmmmm.....yeah, I could see that...

0 rows returned

Malthus

All we have to do now is put together a Languish tontine for things to get *really* interesting.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

lustindarkness

B, you should be very proud. Your son is welcome here anytime.  :hug:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

katmai