News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Powerball Pool!

Started by Berkut, January 12, 2016, 05:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

I think it would be fun to have a Languish Powerball pool. Currently projected at $1.5 billion for tomorrow nights drawing.

Standard office pool - everyone buys in, and winnings divided by the number of shares bought. We would take the cash payout option, I think that is projected around $800 million or something like that.

Only problem is how do we actually buy the tickets. I would be willing to buy tickets from funds sent to me via paypal, but that will (of course) require everyone to trust me not to run off with their cash.

Paypal would however provide a confirmable record of who actually participates, and I would buy the ticket however many we get ($2 per share), and post a pic of it say tomorrow night at 8pm EST or something like that.

We can all get uber rich together!

Fair disclosure: I've already bought ten tickets that are my families that WOULD NOT be part of the pool.

I would kick in for another five or ten for the pool, if we get a few people interested enough to actually send cash to buy tickets.

Just imagine what an awesome story it would be!

Habbaku: 1 share

Fireblade: 1 share
CountdeMoney: 1 share
celedhring: 2 shares
Grey Fox: 2 shares
Liep: 3 shares
viper37: 3 shares
DG: 5 shares
Tamas: 5 shares
Kronn: 5 shares
Brazen: 5 shares
Malthus: 5 shares
Valmy: 5 shares
grumbler: 5 shares
Josephus: 5 shares
Pedrito: 5 shares
Zanza: 5 shares
Grinning_Colussus: 5 shares

Duque de Braganca: 5 shares
Beebs: 5 shares
katmai: 6 shares
Team Lusty: 6 shares
Jacob: 6 shares
Syt: 10 shares
Minsky: 10 shares
Jaron: 14 shares
Razgovory: 10 shares

Berkut: 10 shares

Total: 150 shares ($300 USD)
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

I'll kick in whatever the going rate is.  How much are these tickets anyways?

You'll have to give us your paypall info, and I would suggest posting a picture of the tickets.

It would be an awesome story, and an excuse for the ultimate languish meet.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

mongers

Quote from: Barrister on January 12, 2016, 05:55:25 PM
I'll kick in whatever the going rate is.  How much are these tickets anyways?

You'll have to give us your paypall info, and I would suggest posting a picture of the tickets.

It would be an awesome story, and an excuse for the ultimate languish meet.

Look how we each wasted X times $2.    :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

I'm interested, but only if this pool consists of more people than just Berkut and myself.

katmai

pretty ignorant on paypal (never use it) otherwise i'd send a long few dollars.

already bought a few with family members back in PA.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tamas

Razgovory

Yeah, why not.  I'd hate my self the rest of you became rich and I didn't.  I do trust Berkut not to run off with 10 bucks.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on January 12, 2016, 06:36:24 PM
Yeah, why not.  I'd hate my self the rest of you became rich and I didn't.  I do trust Berkut not to run off with 10 bucks.

Yeah Berkut strikes me as a straight down the line, trustworthy sort of guy.

Of course you could say we can all absolutely trust any of us to not run away with the winnings, because no one here will ever win it or any other significant jackpot.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Pedrito

Hey Berk,

please explain how PayPal works and your info, I'm willing to bet 10 $.
Are we sure you're not the cousin thrice removed of the King of Nigeria?  :P

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Grinning_Colossus

I also wouldn't want to live in a world in which y'all are rich and I'm not, so I can throw in $10. PM me your Paypal info.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

So does he just send us a PM or what?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

lustindarkness

I will get The Boss in on this.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom