News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Powerball Pool!

Started by Berkut, January 12, 2016, 05:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

I cannot condone racism but I'm secretly relieved when katmai picks on someone else for a change.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

mongers

QuoteReuters / Thursday, January 14, 2016

7-Eleven store clerk M. Faroqui celebrates after a winning Powerball ticket was sold is shown in Chino Hills, California January 13, 2016. A winning ticket was sold there for the massive $1.59 billion Powerball lottery on Wednesday, officials said after drawing the winning numbers for the world's largest potential jackpot for a single player. REUTERS/Alex Gallardo

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Wait so the winning ticket was sold there but did the winner claim it? What happens if they don't?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

I could have sworn Reuters was an English language service.

celedhring

I never understood clerks celebrating they sold a winning lottery number. Do they get a cut or what?  :hmm:

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on January 14, 2016, 04:41:23 PM
I never understood clerks celebrating they sold a winning lottery number. Do they get a cut or what?  :hmm:

It will make his place famous and thus more business I presume.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

lustindarkness

I think they do. Plus free promotion = more Slurpee's.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

The Brain

Really? :hmm:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

frunk

People who buy lots of lottery tickets tend to think "ooh, this place sold winning lottery tickets, must be lucky!"

Many of the local convenience stores have signs that say things like "$10,000 Winning Ticket Sold Here".

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: mongers on January 14, 2016, 01:39:08 PM
Which begs the question, where does that come from?

Video games.  And that loud Rock and Roll music all the kids are listening to these days.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

Quote from: frunk on January 14, 2016, 04:45:57 PM

People who buy lots of lottery tickets tend to think "ooh, this place sold winning lottery tickets, must be lucky!"

Many of the local convenience stores have signs that say things like "$10,000 Winning Ticket Sold Here".

Actually, I read an article that says in some states the stores do get a nice chunk of change. I believe it noted 25k.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

The guy in Chino who sold the winning jackpot ticket gets $1 million, or so some article I read said...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Yeah, I see that was noted for this particular case. Oh California...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.