News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Powerball Pool!

Started by Berkut, January 12, 2016, 05:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

I hope you guys win.  Your subsequent adventures would be interesting to read about.

You are still going to post here right?

DGuller

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 13, 2016, 05:58:56 PM
I hope you guys win.  Your subsequent adventures would be interesting to read about.

You're not playing with us?  You're okay with going from being the richest Canadian lawyer to being the poorest?

Josephus

Can't wait to be richer than CC....it's been my dream.  :D
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

katmai

I'm gonna come visit each and every one of you.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

viper37

I'm still going to post here, but with close to a billion$ in his bank account, will Berkut even recognize us??  :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

lustindarkness

Quote from: katmai on January 13, 2016, 06:23:09 PM

I'm gonna come visit each and every one of you.

Wait, we need to properly plan this. If you try to visit me at the same time I try to visit you, it may not work that well. :D
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Monoriu

Quote from: DGuller on January 13, 2016, 06:00:41 PM

You're not playing with us?  You're okay with going from being the richest Canadian lawyer to being the poorest?

CC will still be orders of magnitude richer than me  :sleep:

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on January 13, 2016, 05:11:58 PM
Current estimate payout is 930 million before taxes.

So if we win, that means it is worth about $7,200,000 per share...

Exactly.  After taxes, assuming Languish wins, I'll be sitting on somewhere in the neighborhood of 4-5 million.  More than one share is silly.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

Not if you buy a share.  Well, maybe a couple of shares.

DGuller

Quote from: Habbaku on January 13, 2016, 07:36:26 PM
Quote from: Berkut on January 13, 2016, 05:11:58 PM
Current estimate payout is 930 million before taxes.

So if we win, that means it is worth about $7,200,000 per share...

Exactly.  After taxes, assuming Languish wins, I'll be sitting on somewhere in the neighborhood of 4-5 million.  More than one share is silly.
:yeahright:  Who needs $25 million when you can have $5 million?

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

lustindarkness

Quote from: Habbaku on January 13, 2016, 07:39:26 PM
Because Languish won't win.

[Darth Vader] I find your lack of faith disturbing. [/ Darth Vader]
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Josephus

We'd better win. I just gave notice.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

DGuller