Main Menu

Languish Powerball Pool!

Started by Berkut, January 12, 2016, 05:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on January 13, 2016, 02:15:58 PM
Quote from: Malthus on January 13, 2016, 02:02:41 PM
Quote from: Berkut on January 13, 2016, 01:58:11 PM

Correct, New York. IIRC it basically comes down to I get the money, and I might buy each of you a new Miata or something. If I feel like it.

Hence the necessity of a parallel pool, to hire an enforcer.  :D

He is good at tracking down people who do not pay their debts.

Berkut may get away by cleverly distracting him with unopened boxes of board games, though.  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

alfred russel

Quote from: KRonn on January 13, 2016, 12:52:59 PM
Quote from: Berkut on January 13, 2016, 12:39:09 PM
I've heard that the 30 year option is a bad idea regardless, that if you take the lump sum and invest it, you can pay yourself the yearly amount you would get from the 30 year option forever.

Not sure if that is really true or not.

When I won with the group in work we created a Trust and chose to take the yearly payout for 20 years. The lottery winnings went into the Trust, a tax attorney did the taxes and paperwork, and a check plus the tax paperwork (to be filed with our yearly IRS taxes) were then distributed out to the Trust holders.

You won the lottery?  :showoff:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

mongers

This lottery syndicate is certainly reinvigorating our membership, judging by the numbers who are viewing the board.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

I figured I'd join, but PayPal says it can't complete my transfer "right now". :(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

KRonn

Quote from: alfred russel on January 13, 2016, 02:19:35 PM
Quote from: KRonn on January 13, 2016, 12:52:59 PM
Quote from: Berkut on January 13, 2016, 12:39:09 PM
I've heard that the 30 year option is a bad idea regardless, that if you take the lump sum and invest it, you can pay yourself the yearly amount you would get from the 30 year option forever.

Not sure if that is really true or not.

When I won with the group in work we created a Trust and chose to take the yearly payout for 20 years. The lottery winnings went into the Trust, a tax attorney did the taxes and paperwork, and a check plus the tax paperwork (to be filed with our yearly IRS taxes) were then distributed out to the Trust holders.

You won the lottery?  :showoff:

Read one of my previous posts on that. It was what could have been big bucks and I was in a group at work which would have been ok but still not a huge payout, but there were also many other winning tickets besides ours so we got a small payout of about $2600 a year for 20 years.

Liep

Quote from: Liep on January 13, 2016, 02:25:43 PM
I figured I'd join, but PayPal says it can't complete my transfer "right now". :(

If Berkut can accept delayed payment I'm in for 3 shares.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

I'll guarantee Liep's payment.

Jacob

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 13, 2016, 02:13:32 PM
If we win this & it leaks out on how we're from a internet forum, the server is going to get obliterated.

We could probably pay for a better server, should we want to.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Jacob on January 13, 2016, 02:52:22 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on January 13, 2016, 02:13:32 PM
If we win this & it leaks out on how we're from a internet forum, the server is going to get obliterated.

We could probably pay for a better server, should we want to.

Surrounded by a lot of concrete!
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Josephus

Quote from: Berkut on January 13, 2016, 12:48:09 PM
Josephus, I suspect you are my remaining unknown, since you are the only who stated that they were kicking in that I haven't matched to a payment. Can you send me a PM confirming the name it came in under?

First name Joe. A Rogers email address. Sent you PM
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Zanza

Sent 10 USD to you with the message "Zanza"...

The Brain

If you guys win Languish will die. Can Languish compete with gold diggers and blow? :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

I'm in, but I absolutely have to get some work done first (and assuming I can get paypal to work - I had issues last time).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Barrister on January 13, 2016, 03:31:15 PM
I'm in, but I absolutely have to get some work done first (and assuming I can get paypal to work - I had issues last time).

Like work is more important than the upcoming languish drama and blood vendettas when we win it. :rolleyes:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Berkut

Syt: 10 shares

Some person who didn't include their languish name with initials L.W. - 5 shares
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned