The Dutch continue to be ridiculously racist and in denial about it

Started by jimmy olsen, August 14, 2015, 03:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

QuoteHow did you get that he was saying Australia was in Europe*?

Quote from: Norgy on August 17, 2015, 04:49:29 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 17, 2015, 08:21:10 AM
Quote from: Norgy on August 17, 2015, 08:06:33 AM
I find it incredibly funny that Tony Abott's Australia is waging a war on "illegal immigration".

Why?

Mostly because nobody invited white people there. Yet they came. It is deliciously ironic.
Europe has fucked so many places up that we now refuse to open our borders to the victims of said fuckuppery.

Because the question was why it was funny that horribly douchebag PM of Australia was doing something douchebaggy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Norgy

Quote from: Valmy on August 17, 2015, 06:01:38 PM
Mostly because nobody invited white people there. Yet they came. It is deliciously ironic.

How was it ironic? The principle there was Imperial Glory not a stand for the free movement of peoples across borders.

QuoteEurope has fucked so many places up that we now refuse to open our borders to the victims of said fuckuppery.

Australia is in Europe now? Fascinating.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, Valmy. We Balls of Lights moved a whole continent to our shores.
Idjit.

Norgy

Quote from: Valmy on August 17, 2015, 06:12:04 PM

Because the question was why it was funny that horribly douchebag PM of Australia was doing something douchebaggy.

And I mentioned Australia.
Fine, be a Raz.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Norgy on August 17, 2015, 06:15:52 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 17, 2015, 06:12:04 PM

And I mentioned Australia.
Fine, be a Raz.

I thought it was pretty obvious it was a joke. My sincere and deepest apologies if I offended.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Martinus on August 17, 2015, 04:02:58 AM
Hint: one of these regions is inhabited predominantly by Muslims.

Yes and that has the highest rate
But the region with the second highest rate is not known for its large Muslim populations - 34% ain't so hot.

Quote from: Martinus on August 17, 2015, 04:06:28 AM
But, as I said, I am not sure the survey is really that credible. For example, for Poland the 2014 number is 45%, but in 2015 it is down to 37%. This is too much of a drop to be explained away by a popular attitude shift, so it seems the margin of error for these results is quite big.

Large margin of error relates dispersion, so it is just as likely that the problem is a lot worse.  Again, not reassuring.

Your point vs. grumbler is that he is being too literal about the 99%.  I can't speak for what is in his head but in this instance I don't think that's the problem at all.  Tyr may not have meant literally 99% but he did mean to convey the message that in a material sense the problem is confined to Muslim immigrants and is immaterial outside that community.  That is wrong as a matter of fact and dangerously complacent.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Tonitrus

Australia may not be a European country, but it is certainly part of "The West".

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 17, 2015, 07:03:04 PM
Quote from: Martinus on August 17, 2015, 04:02:58 AM
Hint: one of these regions is inhabited predominantly by Muslims.

Yes and that has the highest rate
But the region with the second highest rate is not known for its large Muslim populations - 34% ain't so hot.

Quote from: Martinus on August 17, 2015, 04:06:28 AM
But, as I said, I am not sure the survey is really that credible. For example, for Poland the 2014 number is 45%, but in 2015 it is down to 37%. This is too much of a drop to be explained away by a popular attitude shift, so it seems the margin of error for these results is quite big.

Large margin of error relates dispersion, so it is just as likely that the problem is a lot worse.  Again, not reassuring.

Your point vs. grumbler is that he is being too literal about the 99%.  I can't speak for what is in his head but in this instance I don't think that's the problem at all.  Tyr may not have meant literally 99% but he did mean to convey the message that in a material sense the problem is confined to Muslim immigrants and is immaterial outside that community.  That is wrong as a matter of fact and dangerously complacent.

Well, to be honest I thought the situation in Western Europe is similar to what Tyr said - if it is not in fact right, then I stand corrected, but it would be good to hear that from someone who sounds credible on the subject (admittedly, you do - but not grumbler, Berkut or Raz who likely have no idea and just spout stereotypes).

I do agree with you that Eastern Europe is very antisemitic. Poland is unfortunately an extreme even within the region.

derspiess

Europe has fucked so many places up that we now refuse to open our borders to the victims of said fuckuppery.

Ah, okay.  The whole white guilt thing then.  Carry on :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on August 18, 2015, 03:24:48 AM
Well, to be honest I thought the situation in Western Europe is similar to what Tyr said - if it is not in fact right, then I stand corrected, but it would be good to hear that from someone who sounds credible on the subject (admittedly, you do - but not grumbler, Berkut or Raz who likely have no idea and just spout stereotypes).

I know you won't actually respond to my point here and will, instead, spout some non sequitur about how I always do something or other, but can you name one "stereotype" that I have spouted in this thread.  Even one?

And don't even try to use my statement "Are Muslims responsible for, perhaps, a majority (or even a vast majority) of anti-Semitic attacks?  Perhaps."  That's not a stereotype, or even an argument.  It is an observation.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on August 18, 2015, 09:20:32 AM

Ah, okay.  The whole white guilt thing then.  Carry on :lol:

To be sure, no one invited humans into Europe, either.  So the guilt goes back even further.  Those damned Africans have a lot to answer for.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on August 18, 2015, 03:24:48 AM

I do agree with you that Eastern Europe is very antisemitic. Poland is unfortunately an extreme even within the region.

Well clearly you thought wrong, as Western Europe was appears to be quite anti-Semitic, much higher then the number of Muslims with the exception of Britain and the Netherlands.  The odd thing, is you have put your faith in stereotypes when agreeing with Tyr (that the only problem is with the foreigners, not the natives), however that is clearly not the case.  France and Germany both have very high rates of anti-Semitic sentiment.  Much higher then then percentage that is Muslim in the country.  Many times the Muslim population.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017