The Dutch continue to be ridiculously racist and in denial about it

Started by jimmy olsen, August 14, 2015, 03:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Yes, Poles are antisemitic. I thought Tyr was talking about Western Europe, though.  :huh:

Admiral Yi

"A Pole is only happy when he is grinding the bones of a Jew beneath his boots."

Martinus

Incidentally, the article has rather poor fact checking. For example:

QuoteGeographically, the new study's findings suggest that the provinces of Lublin and Lodz in southeastern Poland are the most anti-Semitic regions of the country.

Josquius

QuoteOkay, what is that particular figure of speech called?
Figures of speech have names? :huh:
Err... Thomas ?

Quote from: Berkut on August 16, 2015, 11:20:12 AM
Whether it is a figure of speech or not is immaterial.

What is material is the desire to dismiss a serious problem by pretending like it is nothing to worry about because it is just some silly Muslim kids, nothing to do with "Real" Europeans.

Because you know, anti-Semitism in Europe was gone before those dastardly Muslim teens came along!

Figure of speech or not, the sentiment the statement reflects is very disturbing. Right up there with Fox pundits saying racism is no longer an issue - that level of denial.
I didn't say it was nothing to worry about at all.
Misunderstanding the situation in such a way that you equate modern anti semitism mostly with nazis however is wrong. It is a mistake which only threatens to make the situation worse- focussing anti semitism efforts on groups that already don't really care about Jews rather than targeting the true source of the problem.
Even amongst white people I would imagine that these days the stupider segments of the left are more of a problem than the far right.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on August 16, 2015, 03:37:18 PM
Figures of speech have names? :huh:
Err... Thomas ?

Yep.  And none of them are called "Thomas".  Where were you in Rhetoric class?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on August 16, 2015, 02:21:55 PM
Yes, Poles are antisemitic. I thought Tyr was talking about Western Europe, though.  :huh:

I have always been talking about Europeans.  I don't know what Tyr is talking about, and it appears he doesn't either.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on August 16, 2015, 01:35:09 PM
I don't know about other Western European countries, but at least this article from January this year from Telegraph (so a respectable daily and not a tabloid) about the situation in Britain seems to echo the sentiment voiced by Tyr:
[Snip]

Nope. Don't see his 99% figure there, either.

Are Muslims responsible for, perhaps, a majority (or even a vast majority) of anti-Semitic attacks?  Perhaps.  But that's not Tyr's position.  His position is that they are responsible for 99% of them.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

The winner, the Liberal Democrat David Ward, has fulfilled all MPAC's wildest hopes. In 2013, he was suspended from the Lib Dem parliamentary party after criticising "the Jews" for inflicting atrocities on the Palestinians and questioning Israel's right to exist.

During the Gaza conflict last year he stated: "If I lived in Gaza, would I fire a rocket? Probably yes." His response to Paris: "Je suis Palestinian."

Ok, I'm convinced, it's just a problem with Muslims.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on August 16, 2015, 02:28:32 PM
Incidentally, the article has rather poor fact checking. For example:

QuoteGeographically, the new study's findings suggest that the provinces of Lublin and Lodz in southeastern Poland are the most anti-Semitic regions of the country.

Looks southeast to me.  :sleep:

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

The Ferguson thing is a terrible tragedy.  When I first heard about it, the story was simply a white cop shooting a black teenager who was trying to surrender.  I thought it merited close examination and was prepared to believe witnesses claiming the young man was shot in cold blood.  I wasn't the only one, people across the country jumped on board.  As later facts came out the story changed quite a bit.  The police officer in question stopped Mr. Brown because he fit the description of a robbery suspect (which wasn't coincidental as Mr. Brown had committed the robbery).  Mr. Brown made some extremely poor choices when he punched the officer in the head and tried to steal his side arm.  When he failed to gain control of the fire arm (and was lightly injured in the scuffle when the gun went off), Mr. Brown fled and the Police officer shot at him.  I don't understand law that well, but looking at the laws about when a cop can or can not shoot it seems that the criteria had been met to use deadly force.  If it hasn't, it so close as to create sufficient reasonable doubt that you would never convict the officer.  The witness testimony that Mr. Brown was trying to surrender came from one witness who recanted his testimony (it was Mike Brown's friend who bolted at soon as the police officer stopped, which sort of precludes him seeing what exactly was going on).

This is not a good thing.  It is always better when nobody is killed.  It would have been better if the officer had not shot at the fleeing suspect.  In my humble opinion the shooting was legal and not motivated by racism (despite enormous scrutiny there hasn't been much to link the officer with racism (which is odd actually since people up there are pretty nasty when it comes to race).  I agree that police profiling and brutality are serious problems in America.  This just wasn't one of those cases.  Unfortunately far many people had already invested themselves in the case and were unwilling to back out.  The result is the poor city of Ferguson is going to die.  Housing prices have fallen dramatically.  A place that was 80K a few years ago is now at 20K.  Insurance rates have risen for business due to the disgraceful looting by protesters.

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on August 16, 2015, 03:53:03 PM

I have always been talking about Europeans.  I don't know what Tyr is talking about, and it appears he doesn't either.

Perhaps if you actually read his posts, you would know what he is talking about:

Quote'Still'?
Don't confuse modern anti semitism with classic anti semitism (in Western Europe anyway).
99% of modern anti semitism is ignorant semi educated Muslim kids who can't tell the difference between a Jew and an Israeli.

Martinus

Quote from: grumbler on August 16, 2015, 04:02:07 PM
I don't know about other Western European countries, but at least this article from January this year from Telegraph (so a respectable daily and not a tabloid) about the situation in Britain seems to echo the sentiment voiced by Tyr:
[Snip]

Nope. Don't see his 99% figure there, either.

Are Muslims responsible for, perhaps, a majority (or even a vast majority) of anti-Semitic attacks?  Perhaps.  But that's not Tyr's position.  His position is that they are responsible for 99% of them.

Yes, we already know you are not capable of understanding anything but literal.

Honest question: do you read poetry?

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on August 16, 2015, 05:38:31 PM
The Ferguson thing is a terrible tragedy.  When I first heard about it, the story was simply a white cop shooting a black teenager who was trying to surrender.  I thought it merited close examination and was prepared to believe witnesses claiming the young man was shot in cold blood.  I wasn't the only one, people across the country jumped on board.  As later facts came out the story changed quite a bit.  The police officer in question stopped Mr. Brown because he fit the description of a robbery suspect (which wasn't coincidental as Mr. Brown had committed the robbery).  Mr. Brown made some extremely poor choices when he punched the officer in the head and tried to steal his side arm.  When he failed to gain control of the fire arm (and was lightly injured in the scuffle when the gun went off), Mr. Brown fled and the Police officer shot at him.  I don't understand law that well, but looking at the laws about when a cop can or can not shoot it seems that the criteria had been met to use deadly force.  If it hasn't, it so close as to create sufficient reasonable doubt that you would never convict the officer.  The witness testimony that Mr. Brown was trying to surrender came from one witness who recanted his testimony (it was Mike Brown's friend who bolted at soon as the police officer stopped, which sort of precludes him seeing what exactly was going on).

This is not a good thing.  It is always better when nobody is killed.  It would have been better if the officer had not shot at the fleeing suspect.  In my humble opinion the shooting was legal and not motivated by racism (despite enormous scrutiny there hasn't been much to link the officer with racism (which is odd actually since people up there are pretty nasty when it comes to race).  I agree that police profiling and brutality are serious problems in America.  This just wasn't one of those cases.  Unfortunately far many people had already invested themselves in the case and were unwilling to back out.  The result is the poor city of Ferguson is going to die.  Housing prices have fallen dramatically.  A place that was 80K a few years ago is now at 20K.  Insurance rates have risen for business due to the disgraceful looting by protesters.

Where did that come from?

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on August 17, 2015, 01:07:15 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 16, 2015, 03:53:03 PM

Perhaps if you actually read his posts, you would know what he is talking about:

Quote'Still'?
Don't confuse modern anti semitism with classic anti semitism (in Western Europe anyway).
99% of modern anti semitism is ignorant semi educated Muslim kids who can't tell the difference between a Jew and an Israeli.

He was responding to me :lol:  You are such a nitwit.  Anyway, you want anti-antisemitism in Just Western Europe?  Fine.  France 37% of the populace show antisemitic tendencies, in Germany it's 27%.  http://global100.adl.org/#map/weurope  You have a lot of secret Muslims if this just a Muslim problem.

Martinus

The survey has been criticised for being biased (essentially, you were considered antisemitic if you answered "probably true" to just one of those questions). Besides, this started by you arguing about antisemitic crimes. I still think Tyr was right and majority of antisemitic crimes in Western Europe are perpetrated by Muslims, even if some people may have questionable views.