The Dutch continue to be ridiculously racist and in denial about it

Started by jimmy olsen, August 14, 2015, 03:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Besides, if you consider the survey to be credible, the trends become much more visible if you look at regional averages:

The Americas - 19%
Western Europe - 24%
Eastern Europe - 34%
Middle East and North Africa - 74%
Sub-Saharan Africa - 23%
Asia - 22%
Oceania - 12%

Hint: one of these regions is inhabited predominantly by Muslims.

Martinus

But, as I said, I am not sure the survey is really that credible. For example, for Poland the 2014 number is 45%, but in 2015 it is down to 37%. This is too much of a drop to be explained away by a popular attitude shift, so it seems the margin of error for these results is quite big.

Eddie Teach

http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Muslim_Statistics_-_Antisemitism

QuoteIn 2009, however, "white" attacks [in the UK] dropped to 48% and "Asian" or "Arab" attacks jumped to 43%.

During the month of January 2009, in the midst of Operation Cast Lead, "Asian" and "Arab" attackers accounted for fully 54% of incidents, although the Muslim community numbers just 4% of the general population.[2]

So Tyr is "right" in the sense that Muslims were responsible for the majority of attacks(which nobody really disputed) but wrong in the implication that attacks by non-Muslims were negligible.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Would be interesting to see how this splits in violent attacks - I believe UK has a very broad definition of an attack (it would include things that would be covered by free speech in the US) so it may be misleading to think of these as violence.

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 17, 2015, 04:18:37 AM
http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Muslim_Statistics_-_Antisemitism

QuoteIn 2009, however, "white" attacks [in the UK] dropped to 48% and "Asian" or "Arab" attacks jumped to 43%.

During the month of January 2009, in the midst of Operation Cast Lead, "Asian" and "Arab" attackers accounted for fully 54% of incidents, although the Muslim community numbers just 4% of the general population.[2]

So Tyr is "right" in the sense that Muslims were responsible for the majority of attacks(which nobody really disputed) but wrong in the implication that attacks by non-Muslims were negligible.

My money says that Tyr and Marti will now trim their sails to argue that this is what Tyr said all along.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Norgy

I find it incredibly funny that Tony Abott's Australia is waging a war on "illegal immigration".
I hope he gets eaten by a dingo.

derspiess

Quote from: Norgy on August 17, 2015, 08:06:33 AM
I find it incredibly funny that Tony Abott's Australia is waging a war on "illegal immigration".

Why?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Because Australia is supposed to be a welcoming place for criminals.  :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Archy

I hope he gets eaten by a dingo.
I find this perfectly reasonable they saw what happened with the aboriginals when they let illegal immigration occur.  ;)

Valmy

Quote from: Archy on August 17, 2015, 10:04:17 AM
I find this perfectly reasonable they saw what happened with the aboriginals when they let illegal immigration occur.  ;)

They didn't have a flag.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Norgy

Quote from: derspiess on August 17, 2015, 08:21:10 AM

Why?

Mostly because nobody invited white people there. Yet they came. It is deliciously ironic.
Europe has fucked so many places up that we now refuse to open our borders to the victims of said fuckuppery.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on August 17, 2015, 02:17:00 PM
Response to Eddie's post.  You need to pay attention.

:huh:

I just meant that Missouri is in the SEC. Nothing about Ferguson. I have never maintained that southern states have a monopoly on racial strife in America.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Norgy on August 17, 2015, 04:49:29 PM
Mostly because nobody invited white people there. Yet they came. It is deliciously ironic.

How was it ironic? The principle there was Imperial Glory not a stand for the free movement of peoples across borders.

QuoteEurope has fucked so many places up that we now refuse to open our borders to the victims of said fuckuppery.

Australia is in Europe now? Fascinating.

The world has been fucked up ever since people walked upright. Chill. Last I checked very few countries open their borders to victims of fuckuppery if they can avoid it regardless of their levels of fucking shit up.

Justice just is not a thing when it comes to stuff like this. The country who nobly throws open its borders becomes the sucker who gets everybody.

garbon

How did you get that he was saying Australia was in Europe*? :huh:

*Eurovision notwithstanding
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.