The Dutch continue to be ridiculously racist and in denial about it

Started by jimmy olsen, August 14, 2015, 03:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

Anti-Semitic crimes are notably on the rise in the UK, especially assaults in individuals and damage to synagogues and graveyards. But sadly hate crimes in general are increasing.

Warspite

" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

celedhring

Quote from: Warspite on August 21, 2015, 04:43:17 AM

Heh, precisely there's been a pretty ugly fracas involving Matisyahu and a reggae festival in Spain. A BDS group - with the support of some other artists featured in the festival - pressured the organization to get Matisyahu to speak on the Palestinian issue and the festival ended up cancelling his performance when he refused to do so. The fallout has been quite big and the festival apologized and reversed, but man...

derspiess

I read about that.  They didn't just want him to speak on the issue-- they wanted him to make a statement supporting a Palestinian state.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on August 21, 2015, 04:28:04 AM
Given what was done to Muslims in Spain, pagans in Eastern Europe or Aztecs in Mexico after the Spanish conquest, you could say that Jews got off light.

They were forced to convert in Spain and then got persecuted anyway so pretty much what happened to the Aztecs and the Muslims.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on August 21, 2015, 06:59:30 AM
I read about that.  They didn't just want him to speak on the issue-- they wanted him to make a statement supporting a Palestinian state.

BDS is still around? I figured they had given up by now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on August 21, 2015, 07:31:34 AM
Given what was done to Muslims in Spain, pagans in Eastern Europe or Aztecs in Mexico after the Spanish conquest, you could say that Jews got off light.

They were forced to convert in Spain and then got persecuted anyway so pretty much what happened to the Aztecs and the Muslims.

My greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgrandparents  :hug:

Valmy

You know things were getting bad for them in Spain when they had to make the decision 'damn the Muslims are getting a little crazy, I guess we have to support the Christians now.'

Razgovory

I guess when talking about anti-semitism people usually mean the Christian world (the roots of antisemitism in the Muslim world are different and more recent, I would say). If you consider it from this perspective, then it is explainable, given that until recently Jews were really the only ethnic and religious group that existed throughout the Christian world (as opposed to a localised, regional minority) and was not Christian.

Interestingly widespread hatred of Jews predates both religions.  The blood libel seems is first mentioned by pagan Greeks.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017