The Dutch continue to be ridiculously racist and in denial about it

Started by jimmy olsen, August 14, 2015, 03:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on August 14, 2015, 03:52:27 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 14, 2015, 03:34:42 PM
You guys are so nice in Europe.  I'm impressed that you can still commit anti-Semitic crimes in Europe, you have to look really hard for Jews to attack.

Good thing you live in Missouri, the land of racial harmony and justice.

It is a good thing.  I'd much rather be Black in Missouri then a minority group in Europe.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Monoriu

Quote from: lustindarkness on August 14, 2015, 03:10:52 PM
I had a hard time understanding the english in London.  :blush:

I thought the English is London is the easiest to understand  :bowler:

Archy

Quote from: Norgy on August 14, 2015, 05:57:32 PM

You guys are so nice in Europe.  I'm impressed that you can stil commit anti-Semitic crimes in Europe, you have to look really hard for Jews to attack.

Ferguson, Ohio.

And most of us know how to tell who's a Jew. We're all Nazis, remember?
Norgy don't forget it's your turn to bring the gasoline for this week's pogrom.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Martinus

Quote from: Warspite on August 14, 2015, 04:18:04 PM
Quote from: Martinus on August 14, 2015, 02:51:18 PM
Reread my post he was responding to.

What, this bit:

QuoteThe word "nigger" plays a special role in the US public discourse that other derogatory words such as "faggot", "cunt" or "kike" do not. It has become a taboo and no other word comes close. This is the cultural context I was talking about and it is justified by US history.

You seem to think it's only really a US thing. Maybe you just haven't met many black people?

In the sense of the word being a taboo and not being capable of being used in any context without the user being branded as racist? Yes, I do think it's a US thing.

As I said, calling someone a "nigger" would be seen as offensive, as it would be to call someone a "faggot", a "cunt" or a "kike". But each of these words could be used in printed media when used as a quotation or to illustrate a point about prejudice.

In the US, in a predominant number of cases, even when talking about someone else using the word, or discussing its use in a neutral or abstract manner, people refrain from saying the word "nigger" and instead use an expression "the n-word". That is unusual outside of kindergartens and public broadcast for pretty much every other word (for example, I can see someone like Bill Maher or John Oliver using the words "cunt", "fuck" or even "faggot" or "kike" - but not "nigger" - on their programs). So, my point is that Americans have an unusual relation with that word (one that is, probably to a degree, justified by their unusual relationship to institutionalised racism and the history of slavery).

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on August 14, 2015, 11:04:37 AM
Quote from: Valmy on August 14, 2015, 10:45:50 AM
Yep. Maybe even by him.

Yes, but by me.

He can call Tim a dumbass in threads all he wants.  However, I'm not going to stand for him or anyone else starting threads specifically to do that.
What's going on?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Quote from: Razgovory link=topic=13187.msg899999#msg899999

You guys are so nice in Europe.  I'm impressed that you can still commit anti-Semitic crimes in Europe, you have to look really hard for Jews to attack.
'Still'?
Don't confuse modern anti semitism with classic anti semitism (in Western Europe anyway).
99% of modern anti semitism is ignorant semi educated Muslim kids who can't tell the difference between a Jew and an Israeli.
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

I love the fact that Raz is singlehandedly running two most active Languish discussions at the moment and people still try to convince him. :D

The Brain

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 15, 2015, 03:12:19 AM
Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on August 14, 2015, 11:04:37 AM
Quote from: Valmy on August 14, 2015, 10:45:50 AM
Yep. Maybe even by him.

Yes, but by me.

He can call Tim a dumbass in threads all he wants.  However, I'm not going to stand for him or anyone else starting threads specifically to do that.
What's going on?

Tim = He-Man? :o
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on August 15, 2015, 03:35:02 AM

'Still'?
Don't confuse modern anti semitism with classic anti semitism (in Western Europe anyway).
99% of modern anti semitism is ignorant semi educated Muslim kids who can't tell the difference between a Jew and an Israeli.

Got a source to back up that stat?

Josquius

Quote from: Razgovory on August 15, 2015, 08:54:02 AM

'Still'?

http://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2015/01/22/379119380/for-many-french-jews-anti-semitism-has-a-clear-source
http://www.algemeiner.com/2015/05/13/study-exposes-depth-of-muslim-antisemitism-in-europe/

I'm saying nothing radical really.
The far right is concerned more with Muslims and other visible minorities than Jews.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on August 14, 2015, 06:39:52 PM

It is a good thing.  I'd much rather be Black in Missouri then a minority group in Europe.

Why? Is being in our prisons amazing? Our amazing public school system?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on August 15, 2015, 10:14:33 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 15, 2015, 08:54:02 AM

'Still'?

http://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2015/01/22/379119380/for-many-french-jews-anti-semitism-has-a-clear-source
http://www.algemeiner.com/2015/05/13/study-exposes-depth-of-muslim-antisemitism-in-europe/

I'm saying nothing radical really.
The far right is concerned more with Muslims and other visible minorities than Jews.

Nope.  Nowhere does it say that 99% of antisemitism is the fault of Muslims.

Admiral Yi

Suggesting that if they were bona fide Israelis they would deserve what they get?  :hmm:

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on August 15, 2015, 01:23:23 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 14, 2015, 06:39:52 PM

Why? Is being in our prisons amazing? Our amazing public school system?

Because there is no equivalent in Missouri to the Front National, the Lega Nord, or the Freedom party in Austria.  Because blacks have citizenship in the country they are born in unlike say Ethnic Russians in Latvia or Estonia.  No Ethnic Cleansing like in Croatia.  No government attacks on Blacks like the Roma suffer.