Who would you vote if the 2016 election is Trump vs. Sanders

Started by jimmy olsen, August 03, 2015, 11:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you vote if the 2016 election is Trump vs. Sanders?

American - I'd vote for Trump
11 (13.8%)
American - I'd vote for Sanders
27 (33.8%)
American - I'd vote for a right wing third party candidate
2 (2.5%)
American - I'd vote for a left wing third party candidate
2 (2.5%)
Euro and Friends - I'd vote for Trump
8 (10%)
Euro and Friends - I'd vote for Sanders
25 (31.3%)
Euro and Friends - I'd vote for a right wing third party candidate
1 (1.3%)
Euro and Friends - I'd vote for a left wing third party candidate
4 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Valmy

The EU is a confederation not just a free trade zone :lol:

It is not NAFTA or something.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

The relationship between France and Germany is closer to that of the US and Mexico than to that of Florida and Illinois, though.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on August 31, 2015, 01:06:27 PM
The relationship between France and Germany is closer to that of the US and Mexico than to that of Florida and Illinois, though.

Jean-Marie Le Pen came in second for President much. The French will understand.

Fortunately no wildly bigoted people have ever been leaders of Germany so I can see why they would be puzzled.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on August 31, 2015, 01:10:09 PM
Quote from: Martinus on August 31, 2015, 01:06:27 PM

Jean-Marie Le Pen came in second for President much. The French will understand.

Fortunately no wildly bigoted people have ever been leaders of Germany so I can see why they would be puzzled.

I don't think Tim's comparison to Berlusconi was based in the fact that he is a bigot.

Valmy

Oh that they are both billionaires?

Maybe I didn't understand what Euros would find weird about him.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: viper37 on August 31, 2015, 12:46:29 PM
Quote from: Martinus on August 31, 2015, 04:23:21 AM
Maybe you haven't realised but Silvio was not elected the leader of Europe. Saying that Silvio is somehow representative for Europe is like saying Sarah Palin as a governor of Alaska is representative for US leaders. It was a fluke. Most of Europe is nothing like Italy and holds Italy and its political system in contempt.
compared to the present bunch, she looks like a Nobel prizer winner.

Not all of them. Just Trump, Cruz and Perry.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on August 31, 2015, 12:32:35 PM
According to the latest Iowa poll, the top 3 are Trump, Carson, and Fiorina.  :hmm: It's not until fourth place that you get, oh crap, Cruz.  Oy vey.

Fiorina doesn't seem to be crazy. Just a failed CEO with no compelling case to be president.

This is what happens when your establishment candidates are:

Bush--no one wants another Bush, at times it seems including the candidate
Walker--seems to have been infected with the crazy virus recently, which is in heavy circulation during republican primaries
Rubio--he may be a guy to watch longer term, but what a time to be hispanic after Trump outs them as rapists.
Perry--I had some reason why he isn't a strong candidate, but I can't think of it. Oops.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

Quote from: alfred russel on August 31, 2015, 02:38:16 PM
Rubio--he may be a guy to watch longer term, but what a time to be hispanic after Trump outs them as rapists.

He's probably their best bet. Has he learned how to properly drink water on camera?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Barrister

Quote from: DGuller on August 31, 2015, 02:53:31 PM
Quote from: Syt on August 31, 2015, 02:43:56 PM
Quote from: mongers on August 31, 2015, 01:31:13 PM
Is Trump beyond the Palin?

I'm looking forward to an Hillaryous campaign. :)
Nothing will trump that, true.

Using Trump for trump isn't a pun, and isn't remotely funny. :mellow:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 31, 2015, 12:15:51 AM
Quote from: DGuller on August 30, 2015, 08:53:03 PM
Up until today, I haven't really listened to Trump, ever.  I read about what he said, but I never watched his delivery. 

I have to say, watching Trump speak is quite a fascination show.  The guy is clearly very intelligent, and is crazy like a fox.  I can definitely see why people would be falling for him, even if every other person in Trump's position would long be disqualified for his Democrat past and maybe even present.

I think the exact opposite.  I think he's crazy like a shrubbery.  He's never had anyone around him who's job it was to tell him what he was doing is wrong.  He's never associated with anyone who disagreed with him.  His randomly generated thougts have simply managed to bring to light a hitherto unkown demographic, the white conservative nihiist.

I can't help but think that a lot of the press and at least some of his followers just have a morbid curiosity in seeing how far this will go and how bad the crash will be.  Prediction:  There will be a bimbo on the side and some financial irregularities which will be revealed that will result in him going completely bonkers on the air.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017