Who would you vote if the 2016 election is Trump vs. Sanders

Started by jimmy olsen, August 03, 2015, 11:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you vote if the 2016 election is Trump vs. Sanders?

American - I'd vote for Trump
11 (13.8%)
American - I'd vote for Sanders
27 (33.8%)
American - I'd vote for a right wing third party candidate
2 (2.5%)
American - I'd vote for a left wing third party candidate
2 (2.5%)
Euro and Friends - I'd vote for Trump
8 (10%)
Euro and Friends - I'd vote for Sanders
25 (31.3%)
Euro and Friends - I'd vote for a right wing third party candidate
1 (1.3%)
Euro and Friends - I'd vote for a left wing third party candidate
4 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 79

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Martinus on August 30, 2015, 06:40:26 AM
True - I was just being bitchy. I guess McCain's example is a very good one since he was to Republicans what Sanders is to Democrats (although wasnt he running against the sitting President? If so it makes it apples and oranges).
No, 2000 was a rare election where there was no incumbent.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 30, 2015, 07:51:59 AM
True - I was just being bitchy. I guess McCain's example is a very good one since he was to Republicans what Sanders is to Democrats (although wasnt he running against the sitting President? If so it makes it apples and oranges).
No, 2000 was a rare election where there was no incumbent.

Timmy, we have one at least every 8 years.

Timmy, hard return please.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on August 30, 2015, 12:44:57 PM
How many presidents get the full 2 terms?

Carter, Bush Sr., and the two second stringers Truman and LBJ didn't have 2 full terms.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 30, 2015, 01:31:03 PM
Quote from: Tyr on August 30, 2015, 12:44:57 PM
How many presidents get the full 2 terms?

Carter, Bush Sr., and the two second stringers Truman and LBJ didn't have 2 full terms.

Ford was a third stringer I guess. Then there is Kennedy and Nixon.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 30, 2015, 12:18:50 PM
Timmy, we have one at least every 8 years.

Not always, because sometimes incumbents lose. We had twenty years between the incumbent-less elections of 1968 and 1988.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Wait is Krauthammer considered the voice of reason and respectability in the Republican Party? Oh dear.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on August 30, 2015, 01:55:54 PM
Wait is Krauthammer considered the voice of reason and respectability in the Republican Party? Oh dear.

He talks quietly and never gets agitated.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

One things for sure , if he wins, European bewilderment will massively trump that over either Bush or Reagan.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

He went a little bonkers during GW2.

I would say George F. Will except sometimes he says some hinky things too.

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 30, 2015, 03:02:43 PM

He went a little bonkers during GW2.

Well, many people were upset about certain conditions not stacking, so...

jimmy olsen

Quote from: mongers on August 30, 2015, 03:00:02 PM
One things for sure , if he wins, European bewilderment will massively trump that over either Bush or Reagan.
How is he any different than Silvio?  His political style is practically European.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

alfred russel

It is a very good analogy in the sense Bush was the establishment pick, but it doesn't work in that he ran to Bush's left (ie, he was the moderate).

I think a better GOP analogy would be 1996, when Buchanan challenged the establishment candidate Dole, and managed even to win New Hampshire, before fading away.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DGuller

Up until today, I haven't really listened to Trump, ever.  I read about what he said, but I never watched his delivery. 

I have to say, watching Trump speak is quite a fascination show.  The guy is clearly very intelligent, and is crazy like a fox.  I can definitely see why people would be falling for him, even if every other person in Trump's position would long be disqualified for his Democrat past and maybe even present.