News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 26, 2016, 04:50:46 AM
I know that the US flag is supposed to be always hung "union left".

IE--always with the blue part on the mast or the left side if hung vertically.

My question is, if it's flown in distress, does it fly upside down flipped or rotated? The House of Cards logo has it rotated.

It has to be flown upside down, because the grommets to hook it to the pole are only on one side.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Valmy on April 26, 2016, 11:46:47 AM
Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on April 26, 2016, 11:45:25 AM
A Fish Called Wanda was only 26 years ago, buddy. <_<

My apologies -_-

26 years then.

Actually CC beat me, and with the correct year. :P  So it's 28 years.

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on April 26, 2016, 09:20:15 AM
Wouldn't it be quicker and more effective to dial 911 rather than taking the flag off and hanging it in a different way? :unsure:

It is possible that the tradition of hanging it upside down predates the 911 system.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on April 26, 2016, 11:46:47 AM
Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on April 26, 2016, 11:45:25 AM
Quote from: Valmy on April 25, 2016, 02:12:17 PM
Quote from: Maladict on April 25, 2016, 02:07:11 PM
So apparently my gf has never heard of John Cleese. This is very disturbing news.
Can I cut her some slack because she's American or should I run away?  :unsure:

Cut her some slack. He has not done anything good for thirty years.

A Fish Called Wanda was only 26 years ago, buddy. <_<

My apologies -_-

26 years then.

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on April 26, 2016, 11:48:33 AM
Wouldn't it be quicker and more effective to dial 911 rather than taking the flag off and hanging it in a different way? :unsure:

It is possible that the tradition of hanging it upside down predates the 911 system.
must suck for countries with just bars. "Is that fort on fire?" " nah their flags not upside down, they're fine".
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

The practice is more ships at sea and remote locations that have lost contact with the outside world.  It's not intended for suburbia.

frunk

Cleese was in Rat Race, which was a decent throwback movie until the really terrible ending.  He was also in the Harry Potter movies.

Neither was nearly as funny as Monty Python, but I would argue that they were at least good.

Valmy

Maladict should just tell her Cleese was in Harry Potter. If she then responds 'what's Harry Potter?' then that might explain things.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Maladict

Quote from: Valmy on April 26, 2016, 12:02:35 PM
Maladict should just tell her Cleese was in Harry Potter. If she then responds 'what's Harry Potter?' then that might explain things.

Oh good one,  I didn't know that. She has seen those, of course  :(

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on April 26, 2016, 12:02:35 PM

If she doesn't know Harry Potter, she must be a mail-order bride from southeast Asia or something.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: HVC on April 26, 2016, 11:52:30 AM
Quote from: Valmy on April 26, 2016, 11:48:33 AM

must suck for countries with just bars. "Is that fort on fire?" " nah their flags not upside down, they're fine".
:lol:

derspiess

I had a colonoscopy today.  Still better than flying through Atlanta.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Bored. I should fake my death.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

You tried that last year.  What makes you think anybody will buy it this time around?