News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

I'm officially a designated accountant. No more school!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

Grats Hillary. :cheers:

How long have you been at it?

HVC

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 28, 2016, 04:32:28 PM
Grats Hillary. :cheers:

How long have you been at it?
i enrolled in September 2010. I've technically been done with the school aspect since last March but i had to  file my experience paper work and wait for an application window (designations are giving out at certain periods in the year)
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

MadImmortalMan

Argentina has an entry fee of about $200 USD, but only for US, Canadian and Australian citizens.

Why not UK? Maybe Obama should sink a destroyer or two so we get on the free list too.  :(
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 28, 2016, 04:45:31 PM
Argentina has an entry fee of about $200 USD, but only for US, Canadian and Australian citizens.

Why not UK? Maybe Obama should sink a destroyer or two so we get on the free list too.  :(

This was mentioned somewhere else.  It has to do with those countries requiring Argentinians to get a visa to visit.

Admiral Yi

Several times now I've had the dream that I'm repeating college or grad school.  I'm several years older, I've already graduated, but I'm doing it all over again for some reason.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Savonarola on April 28, 2016, 01:41:10 PM
I was listening to the Spanish language radio station out of Orlando yesterday.  The DJs announced that one of Puerto Rico's hottest reaggaeton artists would be at one of the local club's Cinco de Mayo parties.  Hispanics celebrating an obscure Mexican holiday with Puerto Rican music struck me as an "Only in America" moment.  It would have been even better if she had made the announcement in Spanglish.

Fixed!

Reggaeton  :x

celedhring

You know what Netflix needs? An offline mode.

I'd love to be able to watch stuff in my phone without annihilating my data caps.

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on April 29, 2016, 05:16:25 AM
I'd love to be able to watch stuff in my phone without annihilating my data caps.

:yeah: No data cap! :yeah:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

I hope Viking is OK and isn't in anyway involved:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36169929

QuoteHelicopter crashes on Norway coast
29 April 2016

A helicopter has crashed west of the Norwegian city of Bergen with 13 people on board.

There were reports of people in the sea, but a rescue official told broadcaster NRK that there were no signs of any survivors.

The helicopter was "totally destroyed". Photos from the scene showed thick smoke coming from an area of rocky islets.

It was flying from the Gullfaks oil field to Bergen.

The western city is a centre for the North Sea oil and gas industry.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

jimmy olsen

Shit, anyone got his contact information?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

For fuck's sake, he's fine.

Josquius

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 29, 2016, 07:15:02 AM
For fuck's sake, he's fine.

Blind panic is also an option.
Let's go with that
██████
██████
██████

Savonarola

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on April 29, 2016, 02:32:30 AM
Quote from: Savonarola on April 28, 2016, 01:41:10 PM
I was listening to the Spanish language radio station out of Orlando yesterday.  The DJs announced that one of Puerto Rico's hottest reaggaeton artists would be at one of the local club's Cinco de Mayo parties.  Hispanics celebrating an obscure Mexican holiday with Puerto Rican music struck me as an "Only in America" moment.  It would have been even better if she had made the announcement in Spanglish.

Fixed!

Reggaeton  :x

Heh, yeah, their morning radio show is entirely in Spanglish.

And, yes, Reggaeton is the worst thing to come here from the Caribbean since chikungunya.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock