News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Quote from: The Brain on September 03, 2015, 02:53:10 PM
Quote from: Liep on September 03, 2015, 01:51:02 PM
Btw Timmy, very disappointed in you. First Dane in space after yesterdays launch and no thread? THIS IS MOMENTOUS NEWS.

Is he a great Dane?

The great Dane's mother is talking to him now just after the Soyuz rocket docked with ISS and it's the most mother-son-esque conversation ever. :lol:

"Are your legs okay after sitting still for so long?"
"I don't know how long I can talk to you"
"Your sister is in labour isn't that great?" (AM: "Yes, it's great", Mother: "Isn't it?")
"I'm looking forward to you being on the ground again"
"Remember to call me when you land, remember!" (AM: "Yes, yes, mother")
, etc.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Archy

Quote from: Liep on September 04, 2015, 05:34:30 AM
Quote from: The Brain on September 03, 2015, 02:53:10 PM
Btw Timmy, very disappointed in you. First Dane in space after yesterdays launch and no thread? THIS IS MOMENTOUS NEWS.

Is he a great Dane?

The great Dane's mother is talking to him now just after the Soyuz rocket docked with ISS and it's the most mother-son-esque conversation ever. :lol:

"Are your legs okay after sitting still for so long?"
"I don't know how long I can talk to you"
"Your sister is in labour isn't that great?" (AM: "Yes, it's great", Mother: "Isn't it?")
"I'm looking forward to you being on the ground again"
"Remember to call me when you land, remember!" (AM: "Yes, yes, mother")
, etc.

Josquius

Call me when you land :lol:
Mothers: They don't get it
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Is there one of those semi-witty English portmanteaus to designate a guy that's your friend but that you nonetheless think is a bit of a cunt? "Frenemy" doesn't really mean that.

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on September 04, 2015, 08:11:37 AM
Is there one of those semi-witty English portmanteaus to designate a guy that's your friend but that you nonetheless think is a bit of a cunt? "Frenemy" doesn't really mean that.

Cunt?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

It's only news if the space-ship had a dragon on the front, and the Dane brought a battle-axe with him.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ideologue

Pittsburgh still sucks.  They decided to pick up half of my building's trash today, rather than the appropriate ratio, which is "all of it."
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on September 04, 2015, 08:16:59 AM

Cunt?
That's all that comes to mind for me too. No combi-words.
██████
██████
██████

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: garbon on September 04, 2015, 08:16:59 AM

Cunt?

Maybe just "cuntish," since you only think he's a bit of a cunt?

I use "shitbag who is only my friend due to longevity and questionable judgement when it came to making friends in high school"

celedhring

Pretty sure we all have one or several of those. People that if, somehow, weren't your friends you would think they are idiots. Or that you indeed think they are idiots but somehow they are still your friends. It's strange.

There's this guy I have been friends with since high-school. I have a great time when we meet up, we have done lots of stuff together throughout the years, but he's incredibly self-centered, egotistical and unpleasant with a lot of people that don't deserve it. If I were to meet him today, I would think he's an asshole and never give him a second thought, but life has made us friends.

garbon

No, I invariably shed those friends away. :blush:

KRonn

Quote from: Malthus on September 04, 2015, 08:20:13 AM

It's only news if the space-ship had a dragon on the front, and the Dane brought a battle-axe with him.  ;)

Vikings in space!   :ph34r:

Syt

Quote from: KRonn on September 04, 2015, 12:34:32 PM
Quote from: Malthus on September 04, 2015, 08:20:13 AM

Vikings in space!   :ph34r:

Klingons!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Are you looking for a word to describe us?  :(