News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

The last time I had KFC, probably 4-5 years ago now, I wanted to die. Never again.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

In case you were wondering , it hasn't gotten any better since then.

If Colonel Sanders were alive today he would be beating the leadership at Yum to death with his cane.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 01, 2015, 01:57:08 PM
Spent $150 or so getting married.  14th anniversary coming up in February. :P  We're weird outliers though.  Early 20's (I was 21, she was 23), I got deployed for a year only 4 months or so after getting married, only knew each other for like 6 weeks before.

I admire that. I let my family do their thing for my wedding but I would have been happy with almost nothing. Just send me your checks.  :D
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on September 01, 2015, 07:29:51 PM
In case you were wondering , it hasn't gotten any better since then.

If Colonel Sanders were alive today he would be beating the leadership at Yum to death with his cane.

It is pretty vile. So many better fast food choices. For fast fried chicken go to a grocery store.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tonitrus

In Anchorage, go to the Lucky Wishbone.  :licklips:

Valmy

In Austin I love Lucy's myself.

http://lucysfriedchicken.com/

Check it out if you love fried chicken and are ever down this way.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on September 01, 2015, 11:18:31 AM
Mono:  would you eat at a KFC?

I'm curious what the man on the street in China thinks about KFC.
KFC in Asia is a nice entry level sit down restaraunt.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

We have 4 KFCs in Vienna, but they're all mediocre at best.

We had Pizza Hut in Germany, but I always found it overpriced compared to just going to a (faux) Italian pizza place. Austria has Pizza-Mann, but they're delivery only. They're decent, esp. if you want to be able to design your own pizza, but again: overpriced. And of course there's Schnitzelhaus, which has various Schnitzel varieties and menus, either to eat in their shop, as take-away or home delivery.

I think the only American chains that work here are Starbucks, BK and McD. I went to a Starbucks two weeks ago after not going for a long time. I left, though, when I noticed they didn't have chai latte anymore. :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Only franchise fried chicken I ever eat is Popeye's.  Used to hit that up from time to time when I was in DC.  Love me them beans and rice.

Syt

I really liked Popeye's on the US base in Schweinfurt and in the US.

It's not a chain otherwise active in Europe, I think.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Surprisingly easy on the bunghole too.  No fire colon.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

I'm the only member of my team that came in today. I think this calls for me to start working from home after lunch...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Raining cats and dogs today. Summer's over  :cry:

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on September 02, 2015, 03:32:55 AM
Raining cats and dogs today. Summer's over  :cry:

For a change, it's sunny over here.  :lol: In fact the forecast for early september is that the weather will be much nicer thna in most of august.  :P