News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 01, 2015, 11:07:11 AM
So somebody at one point said hey there's a billion people, let's go sell them chicken, pizza and tacos.
I don't know if they've introduced Taco Bell to China yet.  I do seem to remember something about experimenting with Pizza Hut over there.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on September 01, 2015, 11:19:28 AM
As far as I know, he isn't a man on the street. More like man in the tall tower.
Man in the High Castle? :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on September 01, 2015, 11:20:58 AM
As far as I know, he isn't a man on the street. More like man in the tall tower.

No, apparently he is quite real - though as I didn't seem him, I feel free to disregard said photographic evidence. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 01, 2015, 10:41:43 AM
Conquer before Coke does, eh.

I wonder if they would consider switching to Coke. I know they used to be owned by Pepsi, but Coke tends to have a much stronger presence overseas.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Tonitrus

Quote from: Caliga on September 01, 2015, 11:20:58 AM

Better than Man in the White Castle.

Razgovory

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 01, 2015, 10:17:09 AM
Apparently, Yum brands gets 52% of their income from China. That's KFC and Pizza Hut.

Chinese people must really like fried chicken.

Yeah, I've heard that KFC is extremely popular over there.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on September 01, 2015, 11:18:31 AM
Mono:  would you eat at a KFC?

I'm curious what the man on the street in China thinks about KFC.

Everybody in HK lives with a tower though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

KFC is crazy popular in East Asia and the Middle East.
We don't even have it here :(

Incidentally despite Japanese McDonalds being better than you get in Europe, Japanese KFC is awful. And expensive.
██████
██████
██████

MadBurgerMaker

Yeah, Japanese McDonald's is better than the US version as well (or at last it was at the time, I haven't had McD's in a while, but supposedly they're trying to improve their shit here).  I don't remember ever wandering in to a KFC over there. 

QuoteHeh, it often seems to me, anecdotally, that there is an inverse relationship between the amount of cash spent on a wedding, and its longevity.  ;)

Spent $150 or so getting married.  14th anniversary coming up in February. :P  We're weird outliers though.  Early 20's (I was 21, she was 23), I got deployed for a year only 4 months or so after getting married, only knew each other for like 6 weeks before.

Valmy

My kids make me go McDonald's now and their chicken sandwiches are alright. Granted I wouldn't eat one otherwise but you know.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

I go MacDonald myself every now and then.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

It has been years since we had KFC.  We had some chicken a couple of weeks ago.  It was not at all what I remember - which was pretty good.  This was greasy and small pieces.  I don't think we are going to have it again.

Zanza

I had a wrap with some chicken earlier this year at KFC.

I regretted it afterwards and do not plan to ever go there again. 

Eddie Teach

If it's not greasy, it's not fried chicken.

When I get the craving, I usually get some from the grocery store. Much better value than KFC.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?