And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: lustindarkness on August 11, 2015, 08:42:52 AM
Why is New Zealand changing their flag?

Looking at the proposed designs, apparently they want people to think they're some third world country.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Those flags are all horrible. They would be better off just keeping the one that looks like Australia. Maybe that one that is just the southern cross on the blue field but it looks like the flag for a military alliance or something.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

If they MUST change it, then they should pick the one that just has the Southern Cross on it.  Oh, and while they're at it, they could change their national anthem to 'Southern Cross' by CSNY. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: lustindarkness on August 11, 2015, 08:42:52 AM
Why is New Zealand changing their flag?

Tired of getting confused with Australia + want to remove symbol of their colonial master.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Wait 70F is too cold for British women? Do they only go outside a few days a year or something?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

Hey whatever happened to Mongers?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Josephus on August 11, 2015, 12:08:33 PM
Hey whatever happened to Mongers?

He and Jacob couldn't live in a forum with no CDM.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

derspiess

Maximus

It's summer, people often drop off for a while.

I like most of those flags, except the red white and blue ones.

Admiral Yi

alfred russel

Quote from: derspiess on August 11, 2015, 12:45:13 PM
Camper.  TopCat.  :(

I imagine there is a secret invite only forum, that when you reach a certain stage of posting zen, you get invited to, but must never post here again. Camper and TopCat are there. So is Bylandt, Hamilcar, Vinraith, Rocky Horror, and Savant. Korea and Lady Europa? Probably.

Jacob, Mongers, and CdM may have gotten the call.

When the next comet passes by earth, we should all drink that hemlock potion grumbler made for Socrates and reunite the forum the way it used to be. :)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

Korea posted something a couple months ago.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?