And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Mono's ilk bought Seattle's tallest building.  :sleep:

http://www.seattletimes.com/business/real-estate/columbia-center-sold/

Though on the upside, the one of the heads of the HK company (the one quoted in the article) is kind of an Asian MILF. :hmm:

Syt

6am and it's 25°C in the city. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Monoriu

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 07, 2015, 11:21:22 PM
Mono's ilk bought Seattle's tallest building.  :sleep:

http://www.seattletimes.com/business/real-estate/columbia-center-sold/

Though on the upside, the one of the heads of the HK company (the one quoted in the article) is kind of an Asian MILF. :hmm:

You know, when Donald Trump does something, I'm not going to say, Tonitrus' ilk has done such-and-such  :P

Never heard of that HK company before.  I think it is mainland capital with a registration in HK. 

If you want Asian MILFs, I have much better recommendations  :sleep:

Liep

Quote from: celedhring on August 07, 2015, 02:05:41 PM
Why would somebody do that? Even if you have a peculiar sense of humor you must be aware the authorities won't laugh it off and pat you in the back.

Quote from: garbon on August 07, 2015, 02:08:56 PM
Mental illness

It's likely that he'll be admitted to a mental institution after his appearance in court today. He was.. troubled.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

alfred russel

http://www.inquisitr.com/2305148/jared-fogle/

Jared Fogle, subway spokesman extraordinaire, allegedly paid a 16 year old $100 for sex. That is like the $5 foot long price point of prostitution pricing.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Liep

Countries that have a territorial dispute with another country:

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

With who does Germany have a dispute?  :huh:

EDIT: seems Austria, Switzerland, Germany have different views of how to split Lake Constance. Switzerland is for a split between the neighbors, whereas Germany/Austria favor having the off shore part of the lake under joint control.

Also, the exact sea border between Germans and Dutch seems to be in dispute.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Archy

Quote from: Syt on August 10, 2015, 03:09:51 AM
With who does Germany have a dispute?  :huh:
Till 2014 the Netherlands & Germany. Seems they agreed to disagree so I don't see how You can consider it solved?

http://www.dw.com/en/germany-and-the-netherlands-end-centuries-old-border-dispute/a-18020219

Ideologue

Have they considered paratroopers?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

celedhring

For the US I presume it's Gitmo? Does that even count as a border dispute?

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould