News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

So bilingual street signs in Nordschleswig imminent? :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

Quote from: Syt on August 06, 2015, 08:37:12 AM
So bilingual street signs in Nordschleswig imminent? :)

No no no. In the outskirts of Denmark where neo-liberalism is something the Muslims are probably praying to there is no love for Germany still (except along the western coast where tourists roam).

In Copenhagen, sure. Briefly in the early 2000's Berlin was really cool here and there's still some bars left with German sounding names.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

I liked Copenhagen, but I've met rural Danes and they told me that Copenhagen is a cesspool of arrogance and everything wrong with their country. I.e. they gave the opinion of provincial folk around the world about the major city in their country. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

Quote from: Syt on August 06, 2015, 08:51:43 AM
I liked Copenhagen, but I've met rural Danes and they told me that Copenhagen is a cesspool of arrogance and everything wrong with their country. I.e. they gave the opinion of provincial folk around the world about the major city in their country. :P

:lol: :yes:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ideologue

New York City is a hellhole.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on August 06, 2015, 01:04:18 AM
70 years since Hiroshima :pope:

I remember when it was 60 years on Old Languish. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch

According to some internet guys, it's actually cheaper to live in Madrid and Barcelona and commute to London by plane than actually living there.  :yeahright:

Zanza

A flight from London to Spain takes like 2 hours to Barcelona and 2:20 hours to Madrid. If you add at least half an hour to get to the airport and board the aircraft, that's already five to six hours for commuting per day.

lustindarkness

Quote from: The Larch on August 06, 2015, 10:38:08 AM
According to some internet guys, it's actually cheaper to live in Madrid and Barcelona and commute to London by plane than actually living there.  :yeahright:

Why live in both Madrid and Barcelona, just choose one and save the extra rent. :duh:

:P
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

alfred russel

I've been living in my condo for over 6 years.  :bleeding: One of the unfortunate things is the bathroom sinks start backing up about once a year. Then I take apart the pipes and clean out a bunch of nasty shit and they start draining again until next year.

then some dude in another unit told me that there was a construction issue making the common pipes back up. So apparently that was the root cause of the issue--a shared pipe with another unit has been significantly blocked, causing my pipes to build up faster than normal, and causing the problem.

So one the one hand--joy--a plumber just left my place having cleaned the common pipe out and theoretically resolved this problem for good.

On the other hand--fuck--that water backing up in my sink was not just rancid with the shit from my unit, but also from my neighbors unit, and also from all the residents here before us.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Quote from: The Larch on August 06, 2015, 10:38:08 AM

Maybe true, if you want to live in a London Palace or something and already have a private jet. :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

alfred russel

Eddie Teach

Manhattan maybe. The Bronx, no.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?