News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Josephus on August 11, 2015, 04:43:29 PM
I miss Mongers...he liked my music tastes, which is how I realized he's been missing since April

Chris Squire died recently. Maybe he's in mourning.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Monoriu

Quote from: Ideologue on August 11, 2015, 05:35:54 PM
Derspeiss doesn't like it when women complain in a snarky way.  Complains about it in a snarky way.

WHERE IS JACOB.  Probably in Europe.

I've checked the facebook and web pages of Jacob's start-up.  They haven't been updated in like a year.  I can only assume the worst.  He also has a mortgage and a baby, so these are probably stressful times for him.

DGuller

Quote from: Monoriu on August 11, 2015, 09:10:22 PM
Derspeiss doesn't like it when women complain in a snarky way.  Complains about it in a snarky way.

I've checked the facebook and web pages of Jacob's start-up.  They haven't been updated in like a year.  I can only assume the worst.  He also has a mortgage and a baby, so these are probably stressful times for him.
I've done the same a couple of weeks ago.  I can surmise that he's not having the best time of his life right now.  :(

Habbaku

Quote from: Valmy on August 11, 2015, 07:11:05 PM
I hate it when people answer their own questions.

She...isn't?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tonitrus

Quote from: Habbaku on August 11, 2015, 09:30:12 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 11, 2015, 07:11:05 PM
I hate it when people answer their own questions.

She...isn't?

She's a cutie...I'd take her to Europe.

Valmy

She is. She is asking herself if she has ever been to Europe. Like I do when I am in the kitchen.

'Valmy do you want a sandwich?'

'Yes I do...but I am too lazy to make one so I will just eat the oreos instead.'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

To be fair, we haven't a clue what the context of the sign is.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

What an odd dream sequence.
First one, in my house at home I find a secret elevator behind a wall. I ask my parents and dad says yeah, it's because he planned to install a attic (in our flat roofed house) but health and safety and that....
I think I investigated and sure enough found the beginnings of an attic.

Time passed. Not the same dream..... But then I have another dream where some how i discover the house has a secret cellar. This more fully developed. Again my dad says it was abandoned because he didn't have planning permission. The events of the attic dream are held in this one.

Time goes again and things get weird in the next dream. I'm not involved but I know somehow.... A Moldovan ballet dancer lady (no idea) goes into the cellar and meets a ghost ballet dancer. They dance, which allows the ghost to sap all her life force.
This also causes the batteries in my earphones to die. I speak to some guy and he says "oh yeah, ghosts are a problem with electricity. Street lights are like crack to them. In historic places it's even worse."
Somehow this also connects to " oddly if a ghost speaking one language runs across a ghost speaking another they don't bother each other".
The principle worry about the dead dancer in the cellar is what to do about the husk.

So strange that in the course of a night I had these connected dreams.
The meaning.... Upset about my dad's unfulfilled potential? He has secrets? He is a serial killer?
Something evil turning up to warp the dream is of course par the course. But that it killed a person I don't know, and have no idea how it got in my head, hmm.....
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

katmai

Quote from: Monoriu on August 11, 2015, 09:10:22 PM

He's looking to hire a QA lead so not doing that bad.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

Quote from: Valmy on August 11, 2015, 10:59:45 PM
She is. She is asking herself if she has ever been to Europe. Like I do when I am in the kitchen.

'Valmy do you want a sandwich?'

'Yes I do...but I am too lazy to make one so I will just eat the oreos instead.'

It seems pretty clear to me that, in the sequence of pictures that Spicy posted, the two women are answering questions they have been asked before, presumably many times.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Larch

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 11, 2015, 11:06:29 PM
To be fair, we haven't a clue what the context of the sign is.

It's from a website about microagressions at Northwestern University:

http://numicroaggressions.tumblr.com/page/5

Eddie Teach

I think she may be subtly mocking the whole thing. If so, good on her.  :P

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.