News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

You guys are choosing as if I'd share my girls? The guy in the pic had to pay me just for the picture oportunity you know.
:mad:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Caliga

I like the blonde with the monsters right next to the bone, of course.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Just read in the NYT book review that William F. Buckley once sailed his yacht into international waters in order to try pot.

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 17, 2015, 06:48:41 PM
Just read in the NYT book review that William F. Buckley once sailed his yacht into international waters in order to try pot.

What a dumbass.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Razgovory

If Shelley Berman gets in a cab and with a garden weasel at 8 am and is driven to Bob Newhart's location in order to gut him, and Bob is riding a 687 mile long escalator that is moving at 1/2 meters a second but increases it's speed .02% every second will Mr. Berman reach him before Bob gets to the top of the escalator?  Show your work.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

But surely he had to acquire and possess the cannabis in the US?
Things may be different there but in Britain that's where the law would be broke
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on May 17, 2015, 10:37:02 PM
But surely he had to acquire and possess the cannabis in the US?
Things may be different there but in Britain that's where the law would be broke

A salient point Squeeze.

Perhaps he arranged to have the pot delivered to him on the high seas?

MadImmortalMan

He may have discussed that anecdote in an interview or something long ago, because I'm pretty sure I'd heard it too.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Syt

Last Saturday was the Life Ball in Vienna, one of the largest HIV/AIDS charity events, and the largest of its kind in Europe. The main organizer and initiator, Gerry Keszler, has "come out" this year that he, too, is HIV+, and that he got infected 20 years ago in Australia. He says he's lucky to be alive and as healthy as he is today.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

I saw that. Went to a friend's house and his gay room mate was watching it.
Shit Vienna is gay.
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

Quote from: Zanza on May 03, 2015, 12:20:23 PM
German train drivers will strike for six days starting on Tuesday. I wonder if this is the time to replace them all with computers. If we can make cars drive by themselves, that should be even simpler with trains.
They just announced that they will now strike open ended starting Wednesday. Germany only liberalized long-distance busses last year and this is the perfect chance for them to win massive amounts of new customers. If they continue like this, the railway company will never recover from this as they'll have lost a lot of customers to the road for good. Same for freight. Who wants to build a supply chain on something this unreliable?

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Tyr on May 18, 2015, 12:30:31 PM
I saw that. Went to a friend's house and his gay room mate was watching it.
Shit Vienna is gay.

I watched it last year. :unsure:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Liep

This corkscrew (and similarly ones with blades to cut foil) is now considered a weapon in Denmark and if you own one you can theoretically get up to a year in prison. Americans, it's your turn to mock our weapon laws!

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Don't corkscrew me bro!

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 17, 2015, 10:38:15 PM
A salient point Squeeze.

Perhaps he arranged to have the pot delivered to him on the high seas?
:D