News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Tyr on March 06, 2015, 02:32:16 PM
Hot politicians: Again Spain is actually hot hot. I could really go for a girl like that.
Denmark...meh. She's OK but the bad skin ruins it

:huh: "Bad skin"?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

You have to remember UK ginger hate  :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

Quote from: garbon on March 06, 2015, 04:33:03 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 06, 2015, 04:30:06 PM

So inexplicable!

I just assume it's connected with some deep-seated association and British dislike for the Irish/Scottish.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

:wacko:

QuoteAlaska Rep. Don Young: Wolves could solve your 'homeless problem'
03/05/15 09:02 PM—UPDATED 03/05/15 09:06 PM
facebook twitter 2 save share group 222
By Rachel Kleinman
Come again, congressman?

Alaska Republican Rep. Don Young – who made headlines in July for twisting the arm of a staffer on Capitol Hill – suggested during a hearing Thursday in Washington, D.C. that wolves could solve an area's "homeless problem," the Associated Press reported. "I'd introduce 'em in your district, you wouldn't have a homeless problem anymore," Young said, responding to those fighting to protect the gray wolf in the continental U.S. Young claimed the wolf's advocates don't live in areas populated by the predatory carnivore.
Of course, Young's spokesperson Matt Shuckerow insisted Young didn't mean his comment literally. Rather, he said Young used hyperbole to emphasize the threat gray wolves pose to wildlife and communities alike.

Young's unfiltered remarks have landed him in hot water before. In March 2013, Young referred to Latino farm workers as "wetbacks."
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tonitrus

Quote from: Caliga on March 06, 2015, 06:34:33 PM
:wacko:

QuoteAlaska Rep. Don Young: Wolves could solve your 'homeless problem'
03/05/15 09:02 PM—UPDATED 03/05/15 09:06 PM
facebook twitter 2 save share group 222
By Rachel Kleinman
Come again, congressman?

Alaska Republican Rep. Don Young – who made headlines in July for twisting the arm of a staffer on Capitol Hill – suggested during a hearing Thursday in Washington, D.C. that wolves could solve an area's "homeless problem," the Associated Press reported. "I'd introduce 'em in your district, you wouldn't have a homeless problem anymore," Young said, responding to those fighting to protect the gray wolf in the continental U.S. Young claimed the wolf's advocates don't live in areas populated by the predatory carnivore.
Of course, Young's spokesperson Matt Shuckerow insisted Young didn't mean his comment literally. Rather, he said Young used hyperbole to emphasize the threat gray wolves pose to wildlife and communities alike.

Young's unfiltered remarks have landed him in hot water before. In March 2013, Young referred to Latino farm workers as "wetbacks."

It's how we lost Taft.  :(

Josquius

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 06, 2015, 05:24:06 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 06, 2015, 04:33:03 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 06, 2015, 04:30:06 PM

So inexplicable!

I just assume it's connected with some deep-seated association and British dislike for the Irish/Scottish.
1: Scottish and some Irish are british.
2: I'm Irish (in the American sense)
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

You know, I've defended Josq in the past, but between his genocidal disregard for cats and his retarded beauty standards, I've come to the conclusion that his thoughts and feelings are alien and impervious to our understanding.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

He's Mono's and Dorsey's lovechild. 

Josquius

Quote from: Ideologue on March 06, 2015, 08:40:42 PM
You know, I've defended Josq in the past, but between his genocidal disregard for cats and his retarded beauty standards, I've come to the conclusion that his thoughts and feelings are alien and impervious to our understanding.
It has long been known our beauty standards (discounting general xenophillia) are fairly opposite :boobs:
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Two colleagues of mine explained this week to me that while microwaving food is convenient, it's also very harmful to the food, because radiation. And one should wait at least a minute before opening a finished microwave to allow the worst radiation to dissipate.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on March 07, 2015, 08:35:36 AM
Two colleagues of mine explained this week to me that while microwaving food is convenient, it's also very harmful to the food, because radiation. And one should wait at least a minute before opening a finished microwave to allow the worst radiation to dissipate.

Do you ask them if they contain the food in a lead lined chamber while the radiation dissipates?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on March 07, 2015, 08:35:36 AM

I certainly hope they take the same concerns into account with vegetables grown outdoors. What with the sun and all.

Syt

I suggested not to put their cell phones next to their plates.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.