News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Der Deutsche Correspondent was published in Baltimore from 1841 to 1918 in both daily and weekly editions.

Available online with the Library of Congress.

http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn83045081/

garbon

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 08, 2015, 02:24:54 AM
They're very stupid, but my recent guilty pleasure for a cheap laugh? Those "thug life" videos on youtube.  Especially the animal ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFX0JdLQ2M4

:lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on March 08, 2015, 08:30:50 PM
Quote from: Syt on March 08, 2015, 03:23:40 AM
Fucking immigrants refusing to learn the language of their new country!  :mad:

Jefferson City had a German news paper from 1866 to 1928.

Cincinnati had like 5 at one time but I think the last one shut down in 1919.  There is still a local radio station that broadcasts in German on Sundays and Old St. Mary's Church downtown does one of the Sunday masses in German.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Yeah everything in Austin used to be in German and English.  In fact everything from gunfighting gangs to whorehouses used to be divided into 'black, white, German'.  Of course it all ended around 1918 like it did in most places.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

Britain's performer this year is only partially hopeless! :w00t:

QuoteAlbanien: Elhaida Dani - Diell
Armenien: Genealogy med sangen 'Don't Deny'
Aserbajdsjan: Afholder finale i marts
Australien: Får helt exceptionelt lov at deltage i anledning af 60-året for Eurovision.
Belgien: Solist fundet - Loïc Nottet. Sang præsenteres senere
Cypern: John Karayiannis - One Thing I Should Have Done
Danmark: Anti Social Media - The Way You Are
Estland: Elina Born & Stig Rästa - Goodbye To Yesterday
Finland: Pertti Kurikan Nimipäivät - Aina mun pitää
Frankrig: Lisa Angell "N'oubliez pas"
Georgien: Nina Sublati - Warrior
Grækenland: Μαρία Έλενα Κυριάκου "One Last Breath"
Holland: Trijntje Oosterhuis - Walk Along
Hviderusland: Uzari & Maimuna - Time
Irland: Molly Sterling - Playing With Numbers
Italien: Il Volo - Grande amore
Island: María Ólafsdóttir - Unbroken
Israel: Nadav Guedj synger 'Golden Boy'
Letland: Aminata Savadogo - Love Injected
Litauen:Vaidas Baumila & Monika Linkyte - This Time
Makedonien: Daniel Kajmakoski - Lisja Esenski
Malta: Amber - Warrior
Moldova: Eduard Romanyuta - I want your love
Montenegro: Knez. Sang præsenteres i marts
Norge: Afholder finale 14. marts
Polen: Afholder finale 9. marts
Portugal: Há um mar que nos separa - Leonor Andrade
Rumænien: Voltaj - De la capat
Rusland: Ingen info
San Marino: Solister fundet: Michele Perniola & Anita Simoncini. Sang præsenteres 13. marts.
Schweiz: Mélanie René - « Time to Shine »
Serbien: Bojana Stamenov - Ceo svet je moj
Slovenien: Maraaya - Here For You
Spanien: Edurne - Medley Singles and Performances
Storbritannien: Electro Velvet - Still In Love With You
Sverige: Afholder finale 14. marts
Tjekkiet: Marta Jandová og Václav Noid Bárta med sangen 'Hope Never Dies'
Tyskland: Ann Sophie - Black Smoke
Ungarn: Boggie - Wars For Nothing
Østrig: Afholder finale 13. marts
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Eurovision would be more interesting if it only came around every 4 years, like the World Cup.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

The German qualification was funny. This song won by a huge margin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiX0RSZBQfE

After he was pronounced winner, he took the mic and rejected the victory, handing it to the second placed, saying, "I'm only a little singer."

I hadn't followed him before, but it appears all he wants to do is sing and be on stage. He has no interest in the business, publicity or marketing malarky that surrounds it. Apparently he realized at the last moment what participating in ESC would mean (he avoided all interviews before the qualification event and supposedly ran a high fever) for him (i.e. being constantly in the spotlight).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

My new life goal is to buy this: http://www.prestigeproperty.co.uk/property/120200/French-Chateau-Jura-39-France/

Then hire a whole staff to run it.  Then Guillotine myself screaming 'death to aristopigs!'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on March 09, 2015, 12:44:47 PM
My new life goal is to buy this: http://www.prestigeproperty.co.uk/property/120200/French-Chateau-Jura-39-France/

Then hire a whole staff to run it.  Then Guillotine myself screaming 'death to aristopigs!'

Think of the MFFFFF orgies I could have there. Alas, 53 million euros is out of my price range.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 09, 2015, 12:54:30 PM
Think of the MFFFFF orgies I could have there.

In that place I am pretty sure hundreds have already occurred.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on March 09, 2015, 12:56:10 PM
Think of the MFFFFF orgies I could have there.

In that place I am pretty sure hundreds have already occurred.

"The semen on the walls date to the 18th century"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on March 09, 2015, 12:44:47 PM

Think of the MFFFFF orgies I could have there. Alas, 53 million euros is out of my price range.

Going to be a pity when it's bought by a Gulf State sheikh using it as a summer cottage and a place to park his horses.  And the orgies, of course.

Ed Anger

Everything is going to be gold covered and smell like a mix of ass and Axe body spray.

Syt

You presume he's actually going to visit it.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.