And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Quote from: mongers on March 06, 2015, 09:08:01 AM
Quote from: lustindarkness on March 06, 2015, 09:04:11 AM
How many countries visited by age. Do long layovers count? How about a continent that is not a country?

As far as I'm concerned, I think this'll trump almost any other place on one the lists.

edit:
unless someone went to Sikkim before it's demise.

Funny thing, Antarctica is supposed to be a once in a lifetime experience, I've been twice. :showoff:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Valmy

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 06, 2015, 09:28:23 AM
Funny thing, Antarctica is supposed to be a once in a lifetime experience, I've been twice. :showoff:

Malthus would find it too warm compared to Toronto.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

I'd give Spanish chick a tour of my crotch.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Ed, is she hotter than your gal Debbie Wasserman Schultz?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on March 06, 2015, 10:53:25 AM

I've fallen out of love with Debbie.

Valmy

Quote from: Liep on March 06, 2015, 09:01:53 AM
Spain takes the lead.

Denmark counters with Pernille Skipper, Member of Parliament for the communists:

She does look like the sort of woman who would be leading the far left movement on campus.  Going to go with Spain on this one.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 06, 2015, 10:54:21 AM
Quote from: derspiess on March 06, 2015, 10:53:25 AM

I've fallen out of love with Debbie.

But those curls. :wub:

Ed Anger

But my wallet would be empty after a rough lovemaking session with Debbie. Plus she'd steal my coupons

celedhring

FWIW Spanish chick is a center-right liberal.

Ed Anger

Quote from: celedhring on March 06, 2015, 11:07:11 AM
FWIW Spanish chick is a center-right liberal.

I want to impregnate her.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 06, 2015, 11:03:59 AM
But my wallet would be empty after a rough lovemaking session with Debbie. Plus she'd steal my coupons

Dude, you'd be getting invoices for years afterwards for her shopping sprees.  And you'd then need to sic Valerie Jarrett on her.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/student-in-russia-builds-20-ton-soviet-tank-out-of-snow/517107.html

QuoteStudent in Russia Builds 20-Ton Soviet Tank Out of Snow

While most people would struggle to build a half-decent snowman in their backyard, a student in Siberia has spent the past four weeks constructing a life-size replica of a Soviet-era tank.

Alexander Zhuikov, who studies in Novosibirsk, has spent the last month building a solid 20-ton version of a SU-122-54 tank, according to a post published Tuesday on his VKontakte social media page.

The tank, which is colored khaki-green, comes with a gun barrel, turret and caterpillar tracks. It stands at a height of 2 meters and measures 6 meters long, excluding the gun barrel, which is made out of cardboard, the local NGS.Novosti news site reported.

Roughly 20 tons of snow was needed to build the tank, which is not hollow inside, the report said.

Zhuikov built the tank in order to take part in a competition called "Tank in Ambush," which is run by the producers of a popular computer game called World of Tanks.

Last year, Zhuikov took second place in the competition, but he hopes this year's tank — built in his grandmother's backyard — will see him secure the top spot, NGS.Novosti reported.

Those wishing to take part in the competition are asked to "fashion out of snow a realistic sculpture of any tank that appears in World of Tanks," according to a note on the game's website. Hopefuls are also asked to submit photographic evidence of their work before March 8.

The SU-122-54, a tank destroyer, entered into service in 1954. About 100 of the vehicles were manufactured in all, according to the World of Tanks website.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

Quote from: Syt on March 06, 2015, 12:22:47 PM
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/student-in-russia-builds-20-ton-soviet-tank-out-of-snow/517107.html

QuoteStudent in Russia Builds 20-Ton Soviet Tank Out of Snow

While most people would struggle to build a half-decent snowman in their backyard, a student in Siberia has spent the past four weeks constructing a life-size replica of a Soviet-era tank.

Alexander Zhuikov, who studies in Novosibirsk, has spent the last month building a solid 20-ton version of a SU-122-54 tank, according to a post published Tuesday on his VKontakte social media page.

The tank, which is colored khaki-green, comes with a gun barrel, turret and caterpillar tracks. It stands at a height of 2 meters and measures 6 meters long, excluding the gun barrel, which is made out of cardboard, the local NGS.Novosti news site reported.

Roughly 20 tons of snow was needed to build the tank, which is not hollow inside, the report said.

Zhuikov built the tank in order to take part in a competition called "Tank in Ambush," which is run by the producers of a popular computer game called World of Tanks.

Last year, Zhuikov took second place in the competition, but he hopes this year's tank — built in his grandmother's backyard — will see him secure the top spot, NGS.Novosti reported.

Those wishing to take part in the competition are asked to "fashion out of snow a realistic sculpture of any tank that appears in World of Tanks," according to a note on the game's website. Hopefuls are also asked to submit photographic evidence of their work before March 8.

The SU-122-54, a tank destroyer, entered into service in 1954. About 100 of the vehicles were manufactured in all, according to the World of Tanks website.

A lot of good that SU-100 will do in 2015.  :rolleyes:

Tamas