Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 05, 2015, 04:14:56 PM
No shit. 

QuoteInsanely Hot Conservative Danish Politician Gains International Fame

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/insanely-hot-conservative-danish-politician-gains-international-fame/

A young Danish politician named Nikita Klæstrup made waves all over the world when she arrived at a conservative event wearing a dress that left little to the imagination. Klæstrup attended the event wearing a black dress with the front split open, which led to her receiving radio and television interviews, articles in newspapers, and features in magazines here in the United States such as the Free Beacon.

Links to more pics in the article.

Put her in the black and blue/white and gold dress, and the Internet will implode.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on March 05, 2015, 04:19:21 PM
Quote from: Liep on March 05, 2015, 04:17:55 PM
Lolland

Okay you're just making that up.

It never occurred to me that that would be funny, but I think we could get an internet meme out of this.

Yup, Lolland is a real place.

Liep

Quote from: Jacob on March 05, 2015, 04:27:41 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 05, 2015, 04:19:21 PM
Quote from: Liep on March 05, 2015, 04:17:55 PM
Lolland

Okay you're just making that up.

It never occurred to me that that would be funny, but I think we could get an internet meme out of this.

Yup, Lolland is a real place.

There's probably a few of those around waiting to be meme'd.

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on March 05, 2015, 04:27:09 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 05, 2015, 04:14:56 PM
No shit. 

QuoteInsanely Hot Conservative Danish Politician Gains International Fame

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/insanely-hot-conservative-danish-politician-gains-international-fame/

A young Danish politician named Nikita Klæstrup made waves all over the world when she arrived at a conservative event wearing a dress that left little to the imagination. Klæstrup attended the event wearing a black dress with the front split open, which led to her receiving radio and television interviews, articles in newspapers, and features in magazines here in the United States such as the Free Beacon.

Links to more pics in the article.

Put her in the black and blue/white and gold dress, and the Internet will implode.

:lol:

Sheilbh

Inadvertantly walked past a meeting of the Chinese Liberal Democrats association. Their slogan is 'bringing Liberal Democracy to the Chinese community of Britain'. Little odd. Little colonial.
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 05, 2015, 06:20:31 PM
Inadvertantly walked past a meeting of the Chinese Liberal Democrats association. Their slogan is 'bringing Liberal Democracy to the Chinese community of Britain'. Little odd. Little colonial.

[Mono]

Little chance.

[/Mono]
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

In fairness they weren't blocking any roads :P
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Let's do the age/countries visited thingie:

0-9: 2 (Spain and Portugal. going to Portugal didn't feel like travelling abroad, though, given that it's barely one hour away from my hometown by car. If I believe my parents I was even conceived in Portugal.)
10-12: 3 (Added the UK. First time I took a plane, woo!)
12-13: 5 (Added France and Belgium)
14-18: 6 (Added Ireland)
18-22: 8 (Added Netherlands and Czech Republic)
23: 9 (Added Italy. I'm not counting the Vatican because come on.)
24-26: 15 (Added Poland, Austria, Sweden, Finland, Germany and Morocco)
27: 16 (Added Serbia)
28: 17 (Added Hungary)
29-30: 18 (Added USA)
30-33: 19 (Added Turkey)
34-Present: 20 (Added Malta)

I don't think I missed any...not counting a stopover in Tallinn in 2005, as I just changed boats at the harbour.

The Larch

Caliga

Harrison Ford was seriously injured in a plane crash today.  He was the pilot of the plane.  Crashed on a golf course outside Santa Monica. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Liep

Quote from: Caliga on March 05, 2015, 06:51:30 PM
Harrison Ford was seriously injured in a plane crash today.  He was the pilot of the plane.  Crashed on a golf course outside Santa Monica. :(

That is a more respectful post than what I managed to come up with. :blush:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 05, 2015, 06:20:31 PM

How is it colonial?  Chinese colonists in Britain?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

I have been to 3 countries. Canada when I was about 10 and Mexico in mid 20s.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Um ok.

1-13: 2 (USA and Mexico)
14-19: 3 (Ecuador)
20-24: 12 (France (and Monaco), Italy (and Vatican), Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Hungary, Czech Republic, Germany, UK)
25-37: Still 12,

Never been to Canada
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point