And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: PDH on February 08, 2015, 02:53:53 PM
Quote from: The Brain on February 08, 2015, 02:46:35 PM
The basic concept in Sweden was introduced by Charles XII. :)

Before or after his sister had him killed?

What you describe hadn't occurred when he did it.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 08, 2015, 02:54:44 PM
As you know, we didn't have the entire income tax structure created until the early 20th century.  :sleep:

Yada3.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 08, 2015, 12:20:56 PM
You should incorporate yourself.  That way, you don't have to worry about any taxes overseas whatsoever.

Angeroogle.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Doesn't roll off the tongue as well as, say, Vandelay Industries.

Ideologue

Quote from: The Larch on February 08, 2015, 06:24:16 AM
My brother's best friend from childhood just won an award in the Spanish cinema awards last night.  :)

Eugenio Mira? :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Larch

Quote from: Ideologue on February 08, 2015, 05:53:27 PM
Quote from: The Larch on February 08, 2015, 06:24:16 AM
My brother's best friend from childhood just won an award in the Spanish cinema awards last night.  :)

Eugenio Mira? :)

Nope, he was the producer of the documentary that won the Best Documentary award.  :P

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 07, 2015, 05:52:09 PM
My understanding is the non-resident tax doesn't impact many people, because the US has low rates and you get a credit for the tax paid overseas.  Rather it's the paperwork requirement that can be unpleasant.

This increasingly isn't true. New regulations going into place require that foreign financial institutions provide reporting to the IRS for US citizens similar to US institutions. You may be well under the amount to owe US taxes, but unless you are in a place that has a lot of expats or doesn't have a treaty with the US forcing compliance, good luck finding anyone to give you a mortgage, etc. No one is going to want to deal with IRS reporting just for a couple US clients.

Also, people may be surprised regarding what counts as overseas income. Per diems, housing and hotels, and some travel expenses can all count as income. 
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Sheilbh

The culture wars are so inane that I'm seeing evangelical Protestants defending the Inquisition :blink:
Let's bomb Russia!

alfred russel

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 08, 2015, 09:21:45 PM
The culture wars are so inane that I'm seeing evangelical Protestants defending the Inquisition :blink:

This isnt about culture wars. This is about hating a black man.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 08, 2015, 09:21:45 PM

Why not? Calvinists and Catholics agreed about the fate of Miguel Serveto.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Duque de Bragança

US only Mongers, you're out of luck  :console:

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on February 09, 2015, 08:17:21 AM

Link comes from this website:

http://wathifi.tumblr.com/

Some real classics on there, but I can't get out of my mind that those must be April fools, surely? :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: mongers on February 09, 2015, 08:20:00 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on February 09, 2015, 08:17:21 AM

Link comes from this website:

http://wathifi.tumblr.com/

Some real classics on there, but I can't get out of my mind that those must be April fools, surely? :unsure:

Point taken.
Don't get your hopes all up again though. ;)