The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: mongers on February 09, 2015, 08:05:26 AM

'Hi-Fi quality' fuses:

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-996-hifi-tuning-fuses-silverstar-small-fast.aspx

a snip at $40.00 each.  :cool:

I really need to get into this racket.  Of course, I say that every time I read about something like this. :P

derspiess

So my son broke a window by punting a football from a pretty good distance.  Funny thing is a couple days ago I was thinking of using some tax return money to have a few windows replaced.

I didn't yell at him or anything, but I did use it as leverage to get him to clean up all his toys in the living room and then go clean his room top to bottom.  Apparently everyone thought I'd go ballistic and was waiting for me to start yelling.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on February 09, 2015, 10:27:14 AM
Quote from: mongers on February 09, 2015, 08:05:26 AM

'Hi-Fi quality' fuses:

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-996-hifi-tuning-fuses-silverstar-small-fast.aspx

a snip at $40.00 each.  :cool:

I really need to get into this racket.  Of course, I say that every time I read about something like this. :P

That's what I think too. If I had the necessary bullshit to keep it going, I don't think I could keep a straight face for more than 30 seconds when talking about it, before cracking up.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

alfred russel

Something somewhat odd...My condo backs up onto a "forest"--a wooded area maybe 200 yards wide with a creek in the middle. But I'm well within the metro Atlanta area and within the ring road--this is an urban area. The odd thing is I just saw several deer in the "forest". I've lived in this condo almost 7 years, and that is the first time. I'm not sure how they got there, and not sure how they will get out.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

The Brain

Quote from: alfred russel on February 09, 2015, 03:32:49 PM
Something somewhat odd...My condo backs up onto a "forest"--a wooded area maybe 200 yards wide with a creek in the middle. But I'm well within the metro Atlanta area and within the ring road--this is an urban area. The odd thing is I just saw several deer in the "forest". I've lived in this condo almost 7 years, and that is the first time. I'm not sure how they got there, and not sure how they will get out.

There's lots of deer where I live. :)

This may or may not be helpful to you.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

And a shitload of Deer/Brain offspring.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

I know I should say no, but it's kind of hard when she's ready to go. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: The Brain on February 09, 2015, 04:46:18 PM

You're just a loser with no self-esteem.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Quote from: alfred russel on February 09, 2015, 03:32:49 PM

Deer... Ring road.... Be ready to be first on The scene for the free venison
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Quote from: The Brain on February 09, 2015, 04:46:18 PM

:D
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

alfred russel

Quote from: derspiess on February 09, 2015, 12:20:27 PM
So my son broke a window by punting a football from a pretty good distance.  Funny thing is a couple days ago I was thinking of using some tax return money to have a few windows replaced.

I didn't yell at him or anything, but I did use it as leverage to get him to clean up all his toys in the living room and then go clean his room top to bottom.  Apparently everyone thought I'd go ballistic and was waiting for me to start yelling.

Would you have come down harder on him had it been a soccer ball?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

alfred russel

Quote from: Tyr on February 09, 2015, 05:08:24 PM

Deer... Ring road.... Be ready to be first on The scene for the free venison

No thanks. I'm in North Georgia. Have you seen the footage of people fighting each other to get to sale items on Black Friday? Around here it is like that to get to quality road kill.

celedhring

This test says I have Aspergers, Seedy beware:

http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/autism.htm

I scored 35  :sleep:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

A new Bishop of Southwark has been appointed! So let's all remember the former Bishop of Southwark with my favourite news story:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1536544/Curious-incident-in-the-night-leaves-Bishop-of-Southwark-with-black-eye-and-sore-head.html
Let's bomb Russia!