And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

I can't help it, I just liked the taste better.  Kinda like Hydrox, a.k.a. 'NegrOreos' :(

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on January 20, 2015, 09:35:02 PM
I can't help it, I just liked the taste better.  Kinda like Hydrox, a.k.a. 'NegrOreos' :(

Egads
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Hydrox taste better stale than Oreos.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on January 20, 2015, 09:35:02 PM
What blasphemous bullshit is this! :o
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

I buy store brand because paying for capitalist exploiters' so-called brand value and marketing budgets is abomination.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Jacob

A little art for all you art lovers:

Admiral Yi

:D  I read somewhere that he's a very good golfer.  And that he cheats.

Syt

Can anyone recommend a good U.S. news archive site, stretching to the 70s and 90s? Online newspaper archives are spotty, and often not free, charging sometimes ridiculous amounts.

Doesn't have to be super in-depth articles; headlines and summaries would be fine.

Thanks!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Syt on January 21, 2015, 01:47:14 AM
Can anyone recommend a good U.S. news archive site, stretching to the 70s and 90s? Online newspaper archives are spotty, and often not free, charging sometimes ridiculous amounts.

Doesn't have to be super in-depth articles; headlines and summaries would be fine.

Thanks!

Wiki? :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

:rolleyes:

I'm thinking more along the lines, "What were the headlines in May '95 in Florida?"
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Syt on January 21, 2015, 08:49:32 AM
:rolleyes:

I'm thinking more along the lines, "What were the headlines in May '95 in Florida?"

Oh, for that you'll need a good online newspaper archive, probably run by a newspaper, might be expensive?  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

My mother tried to send a parcel to me from the UK. It never arrived.
It contained two recently bought t-shirts (not a big deal, insurance should cover them) and an important letter that I need in order to claim back taxes from Japan.
Fuck.

My theory- some of the immigrant cunts who hang around outside came in during the day and swiped it from my post box.
To that end I have set a trap. I have placed a used cardboard box, disguised and weighted to appear like a package, in my post box. I wonder how long before it dissapears.
Inside I have of course wrote a letter to inform the thief he is under observation.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.